Dash Bezel And Cluster Removal In A 90-93 Integra

I’m doing this write up now because I will need it to show my S2000 cluster install, Pro Sport Gauges Install and center gauge panel/vent delete how to.
This will cover how to remove the dash bezel and cluster from your DA/DB Integra.

Tools required:
#2 Phillips Screw Driver
Panel Popper or Flat Head Screw Driver

Step 1: Remove the 3 screws on the lower dash trim piece on the driver’s side of the car. After removing the screws, gently pull the panel towards the front of the car, it will pop out.

Step 2: Remove the 2 lower gauge bezel screws by the steering column.

Step 4: Remove the 2 upper screws.

Step 5:
Remove the little trim piece beside the HVAC control and remove the screw behind it. Be careful as it’s very easy to break this piece.

Step 6: Remove the knobs for the AC and heater controls. Then remove the trim panel. You will find another screw behind it, lower left corner, remove it.

Step 7: Use a screw driver or panel popper to gently remove the cluster bezel

Step 8: Reach in behind the bezel and start unplugging all the switches. The are more or less depending on what model you own. Press down on the tab and pull the switches out. After that you can remove the bezel.

Step 9: Time to tackle that bastard speedo cable. This is my way of doing it, you do not have to do it this way, there are many other ways, search google and you’ll find them.
Pop your hood and locate the speedo cable, it’s coming out of the firewall close to the brake booster.

Trace it down into the transmission.

Grab hold of it by the transmission, push down and pull up. The cable will pop out, pull it up out of the way.

You can also pull the little rubber boots off.

Step 10: Time to remove the cluster. Remove the 4 screws holding it in place.

Once this is done you can pull the cluster forward a bit, it will be hard to move because of the cable. Get someone to feed the cable into the interior if you want. Once you have enough room to get your hand behind the cluster, grab the cable, squeeze the release tab and off it comes. Now you can unplug your cluster harnesses.

Here’s the cluster out of the car.

Here you can see the release tab on the speedo cable.

If your cable looks like a birds nest then replace the damn thing, perfect tiem to do it.

Install is the reverse of removal.
Install the cluster with the cable plugged into it first, then do the transmission side.
Note that the transmission side of the cable is keyed. It’s circle shaped but has a little rib on it. This rib must line up with the rib in the VSS on your transmission or else your transmission speedo WILL NOT work. Putting it back in can be a real cunt if you have never done it before. An even bigger cunt with big hands because there’s not much room down there.

That’s it!

Nice. I wish I had had this before. I stripped the release clip on the cable of the cable and had to crimp it back on. It bounces a little under 20 and then is fine wierd. I know how to replace it now though. Thanks!!!

Welcome!

I had my cable pop out of the trans today, no clue why.
Cannot wait till my E-VSS goes in.

awesome write up… thank you =) really helped alot :rockon:

Thanks, have too hook up my speedo today. :rockon:

Mine did the exact same thing the first time i put it back in the tranny… popped it back out and re-aligned the groove and popped it back in… works great now, no more bounces.

Is there another place where I can see pictures so I can take my cluster out? I need to see how the spedo tranny cable hooks up too…

Can someone post the photos for this thread pls. Thanks

Fixed.

Could you check that last set of photos? thank you sir

is this member still around to update teh pics? after the first post the pics are, invalid

???

Easy fix for pics…

Just right click on the x and copy link then paste in browser and delete lines before photobucket address… and you get this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/G2Rac/93%20Integra/How%20Tos/Dash%20Removal/100_0273.jpg

then proceed to click through the album. This will work on almost every broken G2IC pic link.

I’m actually doing this right now… my speedo cable finally snapped after years of birds and crickets.

[QUOTE=integracer91;2311503]Just right click on the x and copy link then paste in browser and delete lines before photobucket address… and you get this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/G2Rac/93%20Integra/How%20Tos/Dash%20Removal/100_0273.jpg

then proceed to click through the album. This will work on almost every broken G2IC pic link.

I’m actually doing this right now… my speedo cable finally snapped after years of birds and crickets.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for sharing that folder.

Does anyone else know how to access the upper screw in the first photo (lower dash below steering)? There’s that small tray but I’m not sure how to take that out since it’s already gone from the photo there.

Yeah that’s a super annoying screw. I was able to get it out with a stubby screwdriver. Unfortunately, some people actually break that little pocket out of frustration. I never put that screw back in.

Any trick to reinstalling the rubber boot over the clip on the transmission side of the speedometer cable? I have the clip installed, but for the life of me, I can’t get the rubber boot over the clip.