Amber Fog Lights

me and my homie kevin (jdmdochvtec) made these on my usdm lights, pretty much you take them apart with a blow dryer to remove the glare guards, then we painted the bulbs with the tamiya clear orange paint, and then put them back together, and you are done! The camera sucks but they looked really amber/orange

DV20041212172207.jpg

DV20041212172225.jpg

DV20041212172236.jpg

DV20041212172138.jpg

Why did you have to take the light apart to paint the bulb?

You could of just unbolted the fog light and then popped the bulb out, if you were just gonna paint it

since this was on the usdm lights…sorry i forgot to mention this but we took them apart to remove the glare guard.

it said in his wrighting : pretty much you take them apart with a blow dryer to remove the glare guards so he said he took apart to remove glare guards and paint the bulb.

If you look at the time I posted and the time It was edited you will see that I posted before it was edited :stuck_out_tongue:

did they seal up well?

I just broke the glare guards and pulled them out… I had a not-so-great experience with my tails.

yea i used the clear permatex waterproof sealant, and so far they havnt got moisture inside, so yea they sealed up pretty good

how well is the lighting at night? I don’t want to be paying 30 dollars for yellow bulbs so I’ll just paint my stock fogs yellow…

I’m gonna give this a try :smiley:

So you can use just a regular blow dryer to pry the housing apart?

are you just going to paint the bulbs?

He did the blow drier method because he was taking the glare guards out, he just took advantage of the fact that it was apart and painted the bulbs.

The bulbs CAN be taken out without prying the housing apart.

does the lighting really make a diff. if the glare guard is there or not?
I’m already getting high beamed as it is because my fogs are on. :shrug: :giggle:

lets just say I haven’t used my headlights since I re-wired my forgs and took out the glare guards.

yea the lighting has spread out alot more after i took off the glare guards, it lights up alot more, but it might bother other people, but so far no problems.

Edit: yea so far i have only painted the bulbs. Oh and with the usdm lights yellow fog lights wont look to good, because the fog lights are already off white, so the yellow wont really make a big difference.

actually, they make a big difference. People have gotten the kits from the legends. They look great.

no yea i know if you use the legend fog caps, or whatever it is it will make a difference, i was talking about painting the bulbs…just to clarify what i was talking about

I don’t understand what you mean by
“the fog lights are already off white, so the yellow wont really make a big difference.” I understand yellow won’t really make a big diff - aka Yellow won’t show as well?

yea pretty much you wont be able to tell as much as with the amber fog lights

Ill give yellow a try, I have both paints… so it wouldn’t hurt if it didn’t look great in yellow.

Hope you don’t mind that I’m ‘borrowing’ your idea. :smiley:

Hmmm very interestin’ thank u 4 the tip. Im gonna try it. :burnout:
RicanTeggyRacer@aol.com

if you want yellow, get “turn signal amber”

It’s very yellowish.