New Integra

So the new Integra is supposed to be a 5 door hatch back, is there going to be a 2022 and when are we going to see some real pictures? Anyone have opinions on the new Civic Hatchback?

I like the teaser pics that are out so far. I’m interested to see if it will have any styling cues that say “Integra” to me.

As far as the Civic, the last one did eventually grow on me but I never was a huge fan of the aggressive front end and the useless tacked-on body elements. This new one looks like a boring old civic, like they’re supposed to. It’s a shame the hatchback is 4 door and the same weight as the sedan but since we hate wagons in the US, I’m sure lots of people will really appreciate the utility of the hatch when they’re at IKEA.

I’m only interested if they do a coupe. Definitely curious about the engine/hybrid/electric set up, though.

It looks REALLY curvy / swoopy. It’s reminding me a lot of the original concept designs of the G2 Integra.

SEMA is coming up, I bet we se something more at that point. I dislike the 11th gen civics. Too big and too plain. I really had my fingers crossed Acura would give us a 2 dr hatch, but it makes sense, from a sales perspective. Coupes just dont sell well anymore. Unless the Integra Type-S outperforms the 10th gen Civic Type-R, this is gonna be a hard pass for me. Hopefully it gets SH-AWD.

I have a 2019 CTR and I find it wonderful, less overheating at the track. I drooled at the option of a new integra, but time will tell.

Good point about SEMA.

I really like the teaser pics in the beginning and me and my wife talked about it alot, then we saw it was going to be a 5 door and that was a hard pass for both of us. We have family haulers, we wanted a fun car again

The WRX was a 4 door that was fun. Just not a fan of the sedan types?
I prefer the slick look of a two door as well, so I hear ya.

Same, and I said when I got my FK8 that the only thing that would get me out of it would be if they brought back the Integra or a new s2000 successor. I was VERY excited when the teaser announcement hit, but once the initial excitement wore off and I realized what I want and what the Acura brand has become are vastly different, I don’t think I’ll be trading the CTR for an Integra afterall.

All speculation from BestCarWeb Japan, but still cool to see. I like that they used something close to Jasper on the coupe. https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/331476

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“title”:“bestcar honda integra.jpg”,“data-attachmentid”:1118990}[/ATTACH]

First impression after seeing the reveal…

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: eminem-apathy1.gif Size: 976.3 KB ID: 1119086”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“1119086”,“data-size”:“full”,“title”:“eminem-apathy1.gif”}[/ATTACH]

Here’s a decent review of the exterior.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRp1gU1irH0

Found on Twitter this morning:
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“small”,“data-attachmentid”:1119094}[/ATTACH]

They had to write INTEGRA on the side in huge letters so people would know what it was supposed to be. Big L on this one Acura.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“title”:“20211112_092214.jpg”,“data-attachmentid”:1119096}[/ATTACH]

Sorry… all these cars nowadays look alike. What is the blue one?

2022 Civic Sedan

I mean it’s supposed to be similar to the Civic. I get it.

This isn’t meant for us. As soon as I heard the host say it’s for a new/next generation . . . they weren’t pandering to the old school audience. However, I got that impression because the teaser stated Acura was “returning to its roots”. That’s where this was most disappointing to me.

I just went to the new website for it.

It’s really weak to state that your “performance design” includes a grille, LED, and embossed lettering.

I’m instantly reminded of a tuner show I watched back in the early 2000s (NOPI?) where the host was interviewing a guy who had a modified Dodge Neon. When asked about his mods, the first thing out of his mouth was “aftermarket horn”.

Cool remake design by an artist.
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:1119163}[/ATTACH]