X

Need help from the OGs.

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help from the OGs.

I received an email from a buddy I'm talking to about redoing the site / shirt design etc. I'm giving him free reign, but he has asked me a few questions. I would be grateful for your input

================
    Can you give me some ideas of what you DON'T want to see? The one thing I'm going to avoid like the plague is making the logo look like every other racing or car club logo out there. It needs to have originality and show that you guys have been around for 10 years now.

With that said, can you give me a little more insight into the club? Some history? What are the most common modifications made to a teg? What are some common keywords used when talking about a teg? What is the first picture that pops into your head when someone asks you about your teg or someone else's? Headlights? The streamlined appearance? Within the frame of the picture you get in your head, do you see tires? Or just the side of the car? Or the headlights, grill windshield and all?

What do you think of checkered flags? No? How about showing a little history and establishment with the logo (established date or spoken in the tagline)?
    ================

Thanks.

I replied with a few things...

===========

(He mentioned that we're almost 10 years old officially based on the creation of the domain name) Hmm... I guess we can do a 10 year thing next year. I never thought about it.

I would really like to do a site redesign but I don't want any effort in maintaining it. Granted, the forum is the only variable right now.. all other areas of the site are static. So I guess I won't have to do anything much. But a lot of the car club sites out there are all the same -- same layout and everything with a home page full of junk etc. etc. But I really don't have any ideas on how to "spruce it up".

The RSX font is very clean. I never thought about that before, that is a good idea. As for an icon -- I'm not sure what you mean by that. For sure there should not be any red "R"s. If you do a google image search for "Integra Type R Badge" you'll know what I'm talking about.

Common keywords with regard to this model Integra include: DA, DB1, DB2, RS, LS, LS-S, GS, GS-R, 2nd gen.
    Site History: Well G2IC was around before 2000 when the domain was made. We were on that Freeservers.com site: gen2integras.8m.com. I don't remember if we called ourselves such though. That site was originally formed through getting together on AOL and sending emails to people who had "integra" in their AOL profiles discussing car modifications and so on. I remember the first lighting "mod" was called "cruising taillights". Only the really old members will remember that. I've asked members on my site for their input as well and I'll get back to you with any thoughts.

The headlights are definitely the most identifiable feature of this model Integra. A front-end shot I think would be best. Another thing to note is that it was also the debut of the popular VTEC engine.

==========

Comment

Common mods? Lower it and get one pieces! lol

Comment

I thought the same thing too LOL

Comment

Interesting. let me think for a bit.

Comment

perhaps a shot of the car showing the body lines. maybe a clean teg with sidemarkers that shows the clean classic body lines of our car neil.

Comment

In terms of showing the age, I would change the font lettering to resemble our generation integras.

Instead of modifications, maybe paying homage to the original stock integra would be best?

Comment

^^^ werd maybe a clean original gsr. if thats even possible to find anymore

or a clean da like dan or J's really shows how much love we have for these 15 plus year old honda's.

Their not just any honda to us

Comment

Standard mods: I/H/E, one piece headlights, springs, independent fog light switch...

Comment

Originally posted by g2tegra View Post
                    independent fog light switch...

FTW, #1 answer I say.

Comment

cupholders

Comment

What's the relevance in asking what are common mods? I think if you're going to use the styling of our cars and integrate that into a logo you should work with stock lines and shapes, not modifications. The side profile of a DA still puts a smile on my face, such perfect shape! Subtle modifications like a lowered stance makes sense for a logo. But it seems to me that any modification which attracts attention to itself and away from the shape of the chassis isn't good for a logo

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          What's the relevance in asking what are common mods? I think if you're going to use the styling of our cars and integrate that into a logo you should work with stock lines and shapes, not modifications. The side profile of a DA still puts a smile on my face, such perfect shape! Subtle modifications like a lowered stance makes sense for a logo. But it seems to me that any modification which attracts attention to itself and away from the shape of the chassis isn't good for a logo
                          What I was thinking.

Comment

+1

"G2ic, Lower it and get 1 pieces"

"G2ic....WoW Just wOw!"

Comment

How about for a tagline / vision?

Since we don't go to the dealer / repair shop for repairs:

G2IC - Screwing dealerships out of money since 1999

Okay that was just for fun. Any ideas?

G2IC - Power to the enthusiasts!

I dunno something along those lines....

Comment

what about the one in your sig?>ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE

Comment

I already gave him a shortened version though.

Comment

Originally posted by N FUL FX View Post
                                    you guys have been around for 10 years now.
                                    Totally off topic, but that statement makes me feel old now.

Comment

wow its jason. talk about some old skool.

how are you doing?? long time no talk too

Comment

Whenever I think about my teg, it was always how clean it looked. A well taken care of G2 never looks old or outdated to me, which was part of the draw of the car - it's classic and modern at the same time. My favorite pictures of the G2 are take from the driver's side front bumper looking down that side of the car...it always looks nice and clean to see the front bumper, windshield, and the outline of the car. Of course I always picture it with the fogs on!

G2IC is a place that means friendship to me. It has given me so many friends and so many awesome and fun memories over the years. I know I can go just about anywhere and know someone, even if it is just by their name on here. Many have turned into life long friends that I speak to on a daily basis. The members on G2IC are generally considerate and helpful, and will help you in just about any way they can from your car to your divorce

I love G2IC!

Comment

wow its jason. talk about some old skool.
                                          What's up Ryan? Thought I'd stop by over here to see what's new. Deffinately a bunch of new forums and a lot of names I do not recognize.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftCorner View Post
                                            Totally off topic, but that statement makes me feel old now.
                                            as it should old tymer!

Comment

not much jason. I got married a few years back. just found enron in june and bought her back. restoration is under way to make her back to her glory days...
                                              hows things with you J. still working at the dealership?? hows shirley and your little girl?

maggie- no doubt. very true

Comment

I don't know about you guys but whenever I see those familiar headlights coming at me I get all excited. There are not many gen 2 teggys here in southern Iowa, especially people who car what they are driving not just something they got for cheap and don't care about

Comment

Working...
                                                X