timing belt took a dump

i was on my way home one day and my rpms just dropped, and the car wouldnt turn back on. well come to find out the damn timing belt popped, im sure my head is fucked cuz when this all happened i was sitting at 4k rpms, i went out and bought i 94 accord f22a1. the teg is going to be parked because im going to go ls/vtec on it. i took very good care of the car too though, when i took it apart to inspect it i noticed the plastic cover over the timing belt was grinding on the belt causing it to rip. the car had 215k on the motor. if anyone knows what all i need for ls/vtec let me know please. i know i need the head the ecu and the wiring harness. i want to get a gsr head for it though.

Probably wouldve been fine if you hadnt tried to start it up again. Mine did this and I coasted to a stop. I was riding at around the same RPM. Slapped another belt on and ran that engine for another 60k.

MantisX

^ i have done the same thing.

I did the same thing as well with my b20. I even tried starting mine again, it was locked… Piston to valve. Retimed it put a new belt on and its ran good ever since. Going to replace the napa belt with an OEM one as soon as i can.

same thing happened to me about 2 months ago car been sitting ever since but that just gave me an excuse to get a whole new swap

yah well i didnt know thats what had happened, if i wouldve known better then i wouldnt have tried to crank it over, but sometime soon im going to take off the head and see whats up with it. hopefully i wont have any trouble out of it.