Seat Foam Repair Poll

Hey guys, I want to get a feel for the need and possible market for a seat foam repair. It would most likely be a replacement bolster. You would just cut the original foam away and slide the new one in place. So, lets see a show of hands on how many people would buy this and tell me what you would be willing to spend.

“id buy that for a dollar!!!”

I’d buy it, I need it. I’m tired of getting out of the DA with yellow foam pieces stuck to my ass. I’ll take two.

A dollar!:lol: Sorry dude, its gonna be a bit more than that. If I’m gonna put the time, effort, and R&D into making this it has to be worth my boss’s while or he wont authorize it. So thanks for the replies, but I need to know what you’d pay for this also!

if you work in this industry… shouldn’t you be telling us how much it might cost?

and the award for totally missing the movie quote goes to…

bingo. there was a guy on my town’s message board who wanted some insight on the cost of making school lunch in the cafeteria from scratch. People posted all kinds of pricing and info and he kept saying “but what OTHER obstacles to this are there?” until finally someone said “Buddy, what exactly the fuck do you want to know? You’re KILLING us here!”

I know that after my first estimate, that it will cost over $1000 just to make and test the molds for the foam. For us to justify spending that kind of money on such a small selection of the automotive industry, we need to see what kind of money people will spend for the replacement bolster.

bingo. there was a guy on my town’s message board who wanted some insight on the cost of making school lunch in the cafeteria from scratch. People posted all kinds of pricing and info and he kept saying “but what OTHER obstacles to this are there?” until finally someone said “Buddy, what exactly the fuck do you want to know? You’re KILLING us here!”

I thought I made clear the info I was after, but I guess I didn’t. Sorry. What I need to know is how many people out there want and/or need replacement bolsters and how much they would be willing to spend(in U.S. Dollars, just so we are clear). It will be JUST the outside bolster of the seat, that with time deteriorates and breaks down. Thus, causing the frame to protrude from the foam and wear thru the upholstery.

Lets recap:

Do you want/need a replacement outside bolster?   :up: or :down:
  How much money would you be willing to spend ?  Ex.- $50.00

:up:

depending on what’s included i’d probably pay $30-$50.

:bump: Cmon guys, I need some input on this if I’m gonna move ahead.

Just throwing this out there for an idea of how much things really cost, a freinds ex girl took a knife to my MINT db2 back seats while i was storing them in his garage, and to replace it all was 4300 dollars from acura.

^ ex girls are CRAZY! holy mackerel!

YUP! but she paid so that was a nice check to the bank!

haaha she paid all 4300?? should have pocketed that and bought a DB2 with mint seats. LOL

i tried to find another one but no luck, so i had mine painted, im looking for seats to replace mine, or i’ll just leave em out, not sure where im going with this build yet. i know i want to keep the b17 and keep it as oem as possible but boost and a cage are callin my name!!!

I’d get one. $50 per seat (2 side bolsters) sounds reasonable. If it’ll make the new seat upholstery fit better then by all means…

:bump:

Don’t Dealers continue to sell the foam $32…?

$32. ----For the Top half.
$40. ----For the Bottom Half.

I’ll call the Dealers around my town here in Carlsbad Calif. 92054 to help you guys out.

[QUOTE=prior8t2000;2076993]Don’t Dealers continue to sell the foam $32…?

$32. ----For the Top half.
$40. ----For the Bottom Half.

I’ll call the Dealers around my town here in Carlsbad Calif. 92054 to help you guys out.[/QUOTE]

first i’ve heard of it, but you could be right. But not at that price.

Dealer has some listed here:
acuraoemparts.com front seats

We buy C5 Corvette foam and sell it for around $500. After shipping I think we make like $30 of the foam set. Now that is one of the cheapest and most readily available sets out there, so if you find new foam for less than a $100 BUY IT! I had to rebuild my bolsters and it is a pain in the ass! Thats why I am running this poll to see if a formed replacement would be worth the investment.

mine are mint onma car but id buy cuz like 80 precent of the das are fugged up lol