Maaco screwed up....

So i took my car to maaco to have it painted after i saw how good of job they did on my friends da, well the rear lower quarter panels were re done way wrong. i took it back and asked them to fix THEIR mistake and they want me to pay half just because i had looked at the car when they were doing the body work and it wasnt painted or even primed so i didn’t say anything then because i wasn’t sure if it was complete. With that said, does anyone know how i can get around this? Im not paying for someone else’s mistake and idk if i just need to bitch more or what but it needs to be fixed. Any advice?

threaten to sue?
how much did you pay for the paint job?

Did the manager or paint tech guy told you to pay half. If it’s the paint tech guy… ask to speak to the manager. Maybe he’ll redo it on their expense.

What exactly is the problem? “way wrong” doesn’t say much.

Pics?

It is maaco, how much quality were you expecting? Pics would def help.

I wasn’t expecting an award winning paint job, but like i said, my freinds quarter pannels are perfect and his were rotted out way more than mine. i spoke to the shop manager and he was the one who actually did the body work, he even said himself when i pointed it out that it was wrong and still wants me to pay half, the whole thing already cost me 2700 dollars, and im not forking out more to them.

It curves in alot and it doesn’t have the part in front of the wheel the matches the front fender behind the front wheel, if that makes any sense, its hard to explain.

pics arent that great but you can see, the right side is really bad and if you look at my car from the front it looks like a huge dent on both sides

LOL…dat sucks…i feel u when i took my car to the paint shop it came out super clean n really nice they even painted the window moldings…until a week later i started workin on the car n noticed 1) painted over my rear license plate lights 2) painted over my front blinkers 3) Didnt cover my hood vents so all the overspray got under my hood n my engine ended up being half black after i just painted it blue a week prior 4) they didnt sand my hood properly or redo it lke i said…soo of course every single fuckin spider crack came right back … but unlike u i think they said sumtin lke i have 6 months to have n e thing redone but i waz to lazy… other than that they did a real good job… you should go b lke let me c your manager…show him how they fucked up your cars…n b lke if you cant fix your employeese mistakes i will by taking this to court over the full amount of the paintjob as well as stress or sum bs lol…I PRBLY JUST MADE NO SINCE TO YALL CUZ IM TIRED BUT OHHHH WELLL LOL IMA POST WHORE - C.R.E.A.M.

oh…but they did patch up my antenna whole n redo it where it waz bondoed n rusting lol so i cant complain not to mention i only payed $200 - C.R.E.A.M.

Holy crap! You paid $2700 for a paint job/body work from Maaco? With that price… you can get a really decent paint job at a real paint shop… damn! Hope everything works out for you dude.

I can’t see anything in those pics. And if you really paid $2700 for a maaco paint job… man, I don’t even know what to say. That was a horrible move, you should be able to get a pretty decent paint job for that from a reputable shop.

They even painted your exhaust! I guess if you paid that much then you have the right to be complaining. I didn’t even know it was possible to spend that much at Maaco…

You could of got a really nice paintjob from any real paint shop for what you paid. I didn’y even think it was possible to spend half of that price at maaco. I hope everything works out and for that price it shouuld be damm near flawless. Please don’t give them anymore money and call and complain everyday untill the problem is fixed for free or threaten to sue them

I hear ya guys, this really sucks, after i got it back, a guy that works at the acura dealer that my girl works at said that there body shop could have done it for that price with her discount, so that was a kick in the nuts.

I called the headquarters and i guess there gunna get back to me on monday, hopefully calling the will make things right, i’ll keep you guys posted.

P.S. NEVER and i mean NEVER go to maaco, i learned the hard way!!!

All of us here already know not to go to Maaco.

maaco only if you pay less than a grand. was it a two stage or single stage paint?

lol

Single stage, ugh. dont remind me!