New to forum and car scene

Hello guys, my brother recently bought me my first car. It’s a 90 LS, with 163k miles on the motor. Both my brothers are into cars but not Hondas or Acuras, so please bare with me as I dont have much knowledge about cars. But anyways here she is:

The car hasnt been running for 2 years prior to my brother purchasing the car. It came with what I believe is a K&N intake, a Magnaflow exhaust, and lowered on some kind of springs. Everything runs fine except that the rotors are warped and the shocks may be blown. I need to get a new fog, turn signals, and driver side mirror as they are all cracked.
So heres from questions that I have concerning the car. Should I be worried about the rust on the cams?

What about the blown shocks? It just affects the ride because its more bouncy? The car has power locks and the passenger side is broken. The motor that moves the wire is getting caught on something and isnt smooth. Will a driver side motor and wire fix this problem? I’m going to be stripping my friends DA over the weekend, so hopefully I can get some parts and further my knowledge. Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

nice ride and welcome to g2ic :wave:

clean ride kid!!!

welcome to G2IC :dance:

and to get replys back to your questions post it in the right place. or look them up in TEG TIPS. just want to give you a heads up bro.

I would do anything for that interior!

nice lookin car… umm… but if u look at ur cam gears thats a shit ton of rust… thats why im not a big fan of the cut valve covers… esp when they’re just stock camgears… the adjustable ones are understandable.

wow you got a pretty cool older brother…i like the car

very clean car OP

email me, im about to swap to black interior and have some clean tan interior parts im going to try and sell:)

That’s one nice older brother, and car too. And Welcome:wave:

clean ride!! good luck :hi5: loving the interior, super clean!

Super clean ride, I wouldn’t worry about he cam gears, but heres a tip that a lot of people don’t even think about- get a new radiator cap. I had bought a first gen teg that was sitting a couple of years and on the ride back from maryland she overheated. I replaced with a new cap, and she was good to go (still has the cap, and never overheated again :wink: )

if you need parts google acura oem parts online. there is place called delrey acura and they ship anywhere.

Your also lucky that you happen to live in Cali, I believe that state has the most G2 members here, so you have a great support base for parts and knowledge. :up:

clean car! are you really “fei”? haha

Thanks guys for the warm welcome and helpful tips. I will definitely look into the Teg Tips for more info.
Orlando_GSR; the car has been running really strong and smooth, but if it does overheat, I’ll look into it.

iogearz, I’m not really sure on how you’re saying it cause it has two different meanings. But if you mean fat, then yes. I’m working on it though with p90X.