g2's are so easy to steal.

my friend just got a 2000 ls integra (super clean from the dealer) anyways, his key can open and start my car. i pretty much need new locks and ignition. i am going to buy jdm stanley 1 piece headlights with acura tsx projectors in them but, now im worried if that will make my car more of a target for theft.

my friends crx can open and start my car, so can my friends prelude, and my friends eg coupe. lame!

Welcome to the Honda club…known fact, many honda key’s can be used in many different honda’s … even when brand new keys are cut at the dealer …

layers of security… get to work.

get a direct battery shut-off switch, or install a battery cut-off w/ a key, or even a scanner card…i’ve got all 3 on my db1 because i get really paranoid in the nieghborhood i live in & if they find 1, the other 2 are just back-ups & i was looking into an ECU cut-off, still doing research on it. granted none of those help if the thieves have a tow-truck :werd:

yea, after i get my 1 pieces, im going to hook up a kill switch or…get low jack lol! idk, i just remove my fuel pump relay everytime i park some where i dont trust. or disconnect the fuel injector resistor box

That’s not the best idea. If you use that then you’ll be resetting your clock, stereo and ecu every time you go to start your car. Some items you WANT to have constant power. Just cut the power or signal to things which prevent the car from starting or running:

• ignition
  • starter
  • fuel pump
  • fuel injectors

stuff like that, plus a main battery shutoff will have to be run with large gauge wire and a large switch, which would be difficult to hide. For the othe things you can use smaller gauge wiring and/or a relay plus a small, easy to conceal switch. There are tons of options out there, I’ve seen people do some pretty trick setups, even magnetically activated switches.

My co-worker brings his ECU into the office everyday. I used to pull my injector termination plug sometimes when I was paranoid.

your lock cylinders are probably just worn out… i can do this to my friends cars too… not tegs, but civics etc.

wasent there only like 3 different key cuts made for the early honda specifically the efs??..

my integra key can get my buddies crx to the run position but wont start it

The way i see it, if you fix up your car no matter what, its a target for theft. Lets just say that if you have a stock teg and a fixed up teg and put them out on the street, granted the fixed up one will be the one taken. Thats y im trying to keep my car as stock as possible. And moving to NV where its nice and safe.:slight_smile:

I believe there is only 50ish different keys for all hondas and acuras.

yes… post it all online…

The Integra is already one of the most stolen cars in America. Adding on JDM 1 pieces won’t make too much of a difference. If they were to get your car, you will be losing more than just the headlights.

insurance.

indeed sir!

lol! Wow!

HA HA HA…dis is hillarious…omg lol… but hell yeah if i waz a thief my number one car to steal would b these cuz there sooo easy… i locked my keys in da car once with the car runnin n waz lke shitt wat i do…cuz ive never broken into a car before but all i hadd to do was grab the window n pull it back…smh fml… n reach sumtin in there n grab the lock…took less den 2 min -C.R.E.A.M.

^ what the fuck did you just say?.

It doesn’t hurt to get DB1 rear door handles for your fronts also… Quick release steering wheel etc…

[QUOTE=DarkDB1]^ what the fuck did you just say?. QUOTE]

^lol!
I was trying my best to understand that also.
“…” replaces the big bar which is called “space” in every sentence. o.O

anyways, my keys can open and start my friends ej1 like if it were my car.
His keys can open my door with ease, but cant start it. -.-
New ignition with new key, old key for my door. So i need 2 keys to get into and start my car. =P

-karlo

:stfu:

haha yea not a good idea TO POST THAT INFO LOL!!

I guess if you really wanted to do some driving & thought your car was close, you could get a dog collar GPS. I’ve found them ranging from 1mi-5mi, pricing ranging from $50-$600+. I’m sure if you were worried about it dying or W.E you could rig it into a constant energy source, that would stay on w/ your car being off.

a link is below to one i found on cabelas…just something interesting that would help

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat603205-cat20883&id=0059343660316a&navCount=4&podId=0059343&parentId=cat20883&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QZ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20883&hasJS=true