b16 xsi owners

Been looking at purchasing a b16 xsi motor or a b18c gsr from hmotors. My car has been sitting and getting a overhaul for the past 2 years now and I’m almost done. I’m real eager to get her on the road now and enjoy her now and just want to worry about maintenance. I know the b18c has more horse and torque but the price for a whole swap is steep. I really don’t care about speed too much but I need something with a nice kick to it. So I’m wondering how are those xsi motors. The price for that swap looks more feasable and I could have some money left over to do other things. Please help with my descision. Thx in advance.

I recently purchased a B16 for my DA and love it. Although it has head work done to it and am using a LS tranny. Most people hate b16 wit ls trannys because there long geared, but the pot and polish on my car helps alot to catch up with GSRs. Now I have two other friends with Stock B16s. One with a LS tranny and the other with a B16 tranny. Drove them both and I like the B16 with the B16 tranny way better. So if I was you do the complete tranny and motor swap.

Thx sicauto! That’s exactly what I wanted to hear. I like how they have more options than a regular b18a. Full swap b16 xsi ftw!

i had the obd1 xsi swap in my da and i absolutely loved it. the short geared transmission makes all the difference in the world.

i think it’s a perfect combo for the daily drivers! Awsome on corners and fun on the highway. :smiley:

Nice! There should be a thread for the b16 owners!

I swapped in an XSI B16 about a year ago. I like it very much, but would still opt for the B18c if you have the extra cash. The OBD1 B16 is a direct plug and play application if you’re obd1…and comes with 170HP, which is not too bad. If you’re not too concerned with speed, the B16 would be a nice choice. Here is my swap: http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188056

With opting for the b16 I can put the extra cash in some bodywork and rims. I spent too much money on suspension already and just want to start enjoying the car now.I’m more into the clean look and reliable car setup than speed. Gotta keep that license clean! Thx for the replies I feel better now with my descision.