slow enron build

so ive been accumilating things for enron’s transformation. havent done awhole lot of work to her. Although some pics i took look familiar. J did the transmission(he was suppose to dip it in platinum but forgot:P). This is before its clean up. B17a is in the machine shop. should be ready to p/u by monday. Pistons are b16b:D Found a old skool rsr(thanks Stan)

The build is going very slow unfortunately. I took pics of my current “green” vehicle:) ENJOY

Nice! Go Ryan!!! :rockon:

woohoo. hey ryan, what machine shop are you using and how much was everything? i need to talk to .J about my trans too. stop stealing all my thoughts from my head, lol.

Hey that tranny looks familiar :angel:

thanks nino.

yuri- machine shop is called cascar in south sac. its by my inlaws and i was going to go to a place in livermore but they were twice as much. email me and ill hit you up with some of the prices. I feel there reasonably and very knowledgeable with bseries motors:) and yes we think alike when it comes to our cars;)

burt- hahaha gee wonder why:D

big ups to J for all his hard work. :thumbsup:

Good to hear you getting this thing back into tip-top shape :corn:

holy sh*t you got enron back!!! it survived all this time! :rockon:

Nice start Ryan, I can’t wait to see how she turns out. Is this purely gonna be a weekend car? Cause PCT pistons are gonna give you pretty high compression, I know Duy was running them but ran into a lot of issues getting it to run OK on pump gas. Although he may have had the head/block milled a little.

And don’t worry, yours is fast compared to mine, I had been planning on being out at track days already… over a year ago…

yes tina I did. bought it back in june from pats friend who had it for about 60 days and realized the project was too much. hahaha lets just hope its not too much for me.

Hey colin. honestly its going to be a mix. I love riding my road bike to work. unless its pouring im normally riding. I really had thought this car would be running by sept. But i have a long way to go. I think im nervous to really start working on this car. Its been 6 plus years since ive done some serious modding.

my comp should be 11:4 to 1 id like to find some itr cams to go with those pistons:) I maybe calling you later this week colin. I have some questions about removing a few items from the db2 engine bay:rockon:

Yeah, be careful w/ your compression calculations and be sure to include anything the machine shop is taking off, I think Duy ended up closer to 12:1. 11.4:1 is probably OK but beginning to get up there. A good tuner should be able to figure it out though.

Feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call, I’m working pretty much 9-6 right now while I’m recovering so I’m usually not available weekdays till after I get home. I’ve also got a ton of photos from my project, so depending on what you need I might have pics of it.

That’s cool you’re riding to work, I wish I was in the position where that was possible. I still would like to get a road bike (currently only have a track bike) so I can do some more serious riding. Spent 30min on the bike trainer this evening, first exercise I’ve had since surgery!

nice bro hows the shoulder coming?

you know i didnt ask for the head to be milled but im sure it will be checked. I dont want it to get any higher than 11:4 to 1. Thats high enough. my motor is still in the machine shop but its coming home this week so new pics are coming.

I defenitely will email you pics of my questions tomorrow:) have a good nite colin

Slow builds aren’t a bad thing…
:read:
J. :angel:

Certainly is a slow build :stuck_out_tongue:

Long time no see Ryan. :rockon:

werd alan, same here:) hows things?

update cascar just called motor is done at the machine shope! pics to come!!!

I feel young here…seeing all those join date.

Good luck with the build! It’s always nice to see OG build :rockon:

OG’s doin’ work :smiley:

Looking good Ryan!
The transmission has me jealous…
:cool:

thanks kevin for the pistons. here are the pics of the block and head:)

also ill give you a run down on the transmission

ys1 short gear. new 2nd & 3rd gear syncros. Oem itr lsd with 4.7 final:D Thanks to J this transmission is very well equipped.

i feel like an old man whos out of his league. too bad I didnt live in socal and have resources like J and colin to help me:)

:drool: very very good to see the progress! Enron will ride again!

Thanks to Ryan for being a well financed builder who allows J to equip his transmission so well…

J. :slight_smile: