Getting Back In A DA

Hey everyone,

Been out of the DA for about 3 years now and I’ve been wanting one again ever since I sold the old 90. But this time I’m doing it right.

Short background. I got a new job as a Sheet metal Mechanic at a roofing company and in a couple weeks I will be starting a new job site making $35 an hour. I will be having 2500 extra a month to play with so now is the time to do it.

I’m looking for a 90-91 DA shell or one with a blown motor. Complete car no missing harness or parts or anything. If anyone has one Let me know.

Probably going to either swap in a B18C with a Y1 or YS1. Or just a S1 with a quaiffe (sp?) or Build a forged bottom end LS/V-T. Money is not an issue so I want to do it right once and the best while I do have the money to spare.

If anyone has any ideas on a G2 Local to South Central/York PA or Baltimore MD for sale let me know. Or any ideas on the build let me know.

I’ve been out for a bit and forgot a lot of stuff. Been messing with K series swaps in the 05 Civic Si.

Or should I swap in a K24 into the DA? Get the 6 spd and ass load of trq and turbo that?

Open to flames, input both good and bad or whatever has to be said. Just excited to be back or soon be back with the G2 club.

Josh

why 90-91? 92-93 would be easier to do a swap with being obd-1 and all.

Yea I could always swap the 90-91 front bumper on the 92-93. I just like the 90-91 front end more. And tails.

wow, i wish i had 2500 a month for my car. aha
i would be “done” with my car in like 3 months with that money. >.<
k24 + turbo ftw, if you got the funds. i assume you do.
-karlo

Well I have a 05 civic Si that I hate how slow it is and will be putting in a K20A2 instead of the A3.

So I will have a K20A3 motor and trans sitting needing a home.

throw it in the DA,
since its going to be sitting there.
you already have a k engine, no need to do a B swap. lol

putting the bumpers and tails on the 92-93 would be the easiest way of doing things.

I havnt done the K swap in the civic yet so no K sitting around. I might just throw the type S motor and 6 spd in the DA instead of the civic. I wont be driving the civic so why do I need it to be faster?

please do the k in the da that would be sick

I might, I havnt really read too much into it other than the fact you need a harness or custom wire one (which I don’t feel like doing) only wiring I will do is for the tuck.

You need mounts and thats about all I know. Anyone have any links or places I should go to read more about this?

check out k20A.org theres a few da9s with k swaps there

K series DA :corn:

I think you all just talked me into the K swap. I thought I was gonna get flamed but the non-flaming make it a go. Hell if I am spending 5-7k in parts for the car might as well put a K in instead of a B. B18C is a common swap anyways.

I’m just leary about one thing on the K swap. My 05 Si’s tranny syncros are going bad and that started at about 60k miles and I know the RSX 6 spds have a lot of issues with the 3rd gear grind and syncro failures as well.

But a RSX 6 spd with a TSX final drive would be nice as hell. Then slap 7 psi on it and be good to go.

Let me do some more reading before I decide what rte I will go. Dont want to lead anyone on here. I mean I havnt even gotten another DA yet. Thats the first step right.

I’ll keep you all updated.

Its not just the RSX trannies, they all develope issues when driven hard. I dont care what tranny in what car, you beat it its gonna scream for mercy at some point lol. I think in reality if you have the funding go with the K and you will be happy. Lately, more and more companies are making swap parts for the K so its not as hard as it was even a year ago to swap a K into another honda. But in the end its YOUR choice what to do with YOUR car and be sure to do what makes YOU happy.

turbo K-series in a DA :shock: !!! Suscribed !

I would like to do A K swap for the rarity and the challenge.

Like I stated above this is all talk until I get the DA. I’m not backing out just letting you all know if this doesn’t happen don’t get to disappointed.

Let me go over to K20a.org and price up this swap.

Good luck

A lot of work :up:

what he said. Seriously, just get the 92-93. Try to get an RS or LS body. No PS, AC, Cruise, ABS. If i were to do it all over again, i’d totally go for a 92-93 LS. Just enough luxury to keep me happy (power windows and sunroof) :slight_smile:

I had a 90 LS and it had PS, CC, and AC but NO power windows.

I will get a 92-93 RS Since I will be deleting the AC, PS and Cruise when I do the K swap anyways. Thats just less wires for me to worry about getting rid of and less crap to remove.

Man ! If you lived over on this side of the country I might be willing to sell you my Da. It has no A/C, PS, CC, ABS, and heat ! I can can deal with having no PS, but CC, heat and A/C would be nice and are in the future for me.