Help. Can someone recommend a SF bay area shop to resurface a flywheel?

Help. Can someone recommend a SF bay area shop to resurface a flywheel?

Can someone recommend a SF bay area shop to resurface a flywheel? Is there a good shop with experienced staff that can cut a 2 stage Honda flywheel?

How much does it cost?

do you have a westbay napa down there? they did mine for like 40 bucks also had them do my other integras flywheel no problems what so ever

what the hell is a 2 stage honda flywheel? just look in the phone book for a machine shop in your area. if you were on this side of the bay bridge, i’d tell you to go to ALC in santa rosa. or you could call a local speed shop and ask them who they recommend.

Can someone recommend a machine shop that they have had good experience with?

I’m looking for an experienced flywheel cutter. Honda/Acura flywheels are 2 step and the shop will have to remove dowel pins and then reinstall the dowel pins after the flywheel is cut.

2 step Honda/Acura flywheel pic here:

http://www.d-a-p.com/shop/ProdImages/DSC00273%20L.JPG

I don’t remember dowel pins needing to be removed. The part with the dowel pins is not resurfaced. Even if they do need removing, machine shops regularly deal with dowel pins on engines and other flywheels. Just about any machine shop should be able to do it.

the dowel pins to have to be removed in order to machine down the bolting serface in order to make sure the clutch PP sits down squarly

XM8, why dont you just remove and install the dowl pins your self. its not difficult and you could save yourself the $3 a pin or what ever they charge you to do it.

[QUOTE=BLKACK1;2065456]the dowel pins to have to be removed in order to machine down the bolting serface in order to make sure the clutch PP sits down squarly

XM8, why dont you just remove and install the dowl pins your self. its not difficult and you could save yourself the $3 a pin or what ever they charge you to do it.[/QUOTE]

x2 its really easy i pulled mine with vise grips, and yes they machined both surfaces