has anyone imported a da6 xsi to the U.S.

i want to get one shipped over, instead of wasting time and effort trying to make mine rhd lol. does anyone know how or has imported one? If so how much work is it and how long is the customs process? and roughly how much does it cost? and finally is it easier getting one from canada instead of japan. any help on this will be much appreciated.

You might just save money buying an already shipped over one. Ive seen a few sell in the for-sale section. Expect to pay atleast 5,000 thou…

You can get one from Canada. Japan Autos of Abbotsford, B.C. should be able to help. Talk to 90DA; I think he got BOTH of his JDM DAs from them. Then you just deal w/ Canadian importing regulations.

This is the teg that started it all for me:

Randy Gagan’s DA6 XSi (R.I.P. Randy)

But yeah, about $5- 6k for one. Good luck if you do it.

PS- That should be his CRX SiR next to the DA.

:getsome::manual:

I’ve spent well over 5k on mine already but i’d get rid of it in a heart beat for a jdm xsi

My friend has his 4 door g3 JDM front installed by a place over in your area. I think they do RHD convos to. Ill ask around. It prolly way cheaper then haveing one shipped over!

hey, i got my first da6 from japan auto. paid 8600 taxes in… well worth it for myself. it had 46k on it and i fell in love with it when i first saw it on the lot…

my second da6 was actually imported privately by a friend of mine… he sold it to someone in his town. it got raped, got sold back to my friend, and he re-sold it to someone in abbotsford. 1 yr later he got pulled over and car was taken off the road because of headlights not working etc… that’s when i took over ownership. Only paid 1600 for it. My daily as of now.

Here’s a link to another da6 near me. It’s been for sale for a while. I’m guessing it hasnt sold yet??? it’s still on the site, but i’m not sure how often they update… sad to see that the dealership riced it out though… I have seen this car in person and it is MINT. beside some of the cheap mods they have done to it…

http://www.silkroadautos.com/honda/main.htm

That sure is riced out that sux. Wish I had 7k.

I really want to find out how easy it to register them here in the states. I was reading that if they get approved in Canada for their saftey regulations they will be blanketed into the states cause canadas saftey guidelines are very similar. But I’m not sure exactly how it works

Not sure either, but for not much more you can get a gts-t, gtir, aristo, soarer, list goes on and on.

Yes and no. You still need a letter of conformity for DOT/EPA. I’ve been trying to get said letter from Honda of America for the past several months and at the end, then said they won’t give it to me because the DA never came with a drivers side airbag (even though they never did in the U.S. either). I’m fed up of the whole thing and am trying to find a broker that I can pay to handle all the red-tape nonsense and import my car into the U.S. (where I am living now).

I started a thread about it a while back.

That’s bull about the airbag deal. Do they realize the usdm ones didn’t cone with them?

Come on guys I know there are a few da6 people in the united states let’s her what you guys did to get them

if you are really serious, you could inquire about the da6 in the link i showed you. you just have to figure out how to get it down to the states and get it registered down there.

or you could get mine it a conv. but legal

The link you showed said the car was sold.

Not really driving distance but

http://www.autotrader.co.nz/View/Used/HONDA-INTEGRA-ZXi-1990/444092.aspx

http://www.local.thesun.co.uk/vehicle/-/make_honda/model_integra/?o=25

If you manage to get your hands on one, dont turn your back to it in portland!

i am also interested in this but can only find dcs

is there a canadian website to easily find a DA?

hmm. weird… ok. doesnt hurt to call lol… ?..
there are a few xsi’s here in bc… most of them have been destroyed, beat on and not taken care of. :(… my friend imported 2 other tegs… 1 was destroyed front and back. clumsy driver?.. and it was sold and now it has halo lights front and back with red 92 bumpers…seen it driving around from time to time… the other one was crashed and thats the last i’ve heard of it… prty sad!!! theres a red one that was sold at the same place as i got mine and that one was painted blue and crashed as well. sad to see them in that state. its prty much good for parts now.

Yeah no kidding about not turning your back on it if gotten lucky with mine though no one has stolen it just broke into twice for the cd player, but they were now about it and didn’t break anything lol. If you ever want to get rid of one of your jdm ones hit me up you could drive down and I’ll give you a plane ticket back, that way no customs lol.

regarding getting the car registered in the states, i bought a xsi from cali (registered) and it took me like a month to convince/persuede them it was legal. (cali standards more strict than here) so i cant imagine what it would be like to try to do it yourself for its first time in the states.