JDP Rear Visor for Hatch - Rough shape

Hey guys…just posted pics of a roughed out shape of what the rear hatch visor will look like…let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks!!! :up:

Here’s the link to the vendor section of the discussion:

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195441

hmmmmmmm… looks odd. I’m not sure if it’s just the angle of the pic, but it looks like the visor sticks up higher than the roof line. Unless that’s what you are aiming for…

Looks like the OEM rear visors lil brother. :slight_smile:

like ^ he said it does look like it sticks above just a bit but could be just the angle. jon if you could post a pic from right behind it looking str8 at it other than that im digging it reminds me of the dc one.

Is that a bad thing or would you like to see it aligned with the roof?

hmm… if it does, it would flow a lot better. the oem rear visor sticks up above the roof line a little too, but it curves down along with the rear hatch window which i think looks really cool and flows great with the hatch.

i would like to see it aligned with the roof i think it would flow a bit better but for a prototype its already looking good cant wait

Sounds good…:up:

Anyone else?

im not in the group that deposited, but i think a more OEM angle would prolly be better for aerodynamics sake, since OEM is that way and (im not sure of this) arent most hondas wind tunnel tested, no offense on your skill or craftsmanship, but you could be throwing off the stability of the car at higher speeds. im no physics major or anything tho, so if you know something about what youre doing: (which is obvious, but you know what im saying) keep on keepin on.

honestly looks way better and nicer in person…the way its shaped and everything seems perfect to me…

i think it looks fine as is. maybe SLIGHTLY more aligned with the roof.

as far as wind tunnel testing. i don’t think they would have done any wind testing with the rear visor. i could be wrong, so no need for anyone to get crazy about it.

my $.02, align it with the roof a little more (almost flat) and have it go back about another 3/4" over the rear window.

i feel that this area (circled in red):

terminates a little “iffy” it looks a little too “rounded” for my personal tastes.

i think if it was sharpened a bit, to come out to more of a point, it would look better.

here is my quick MS Paint edit of what i think would make it look SLIGHTLY better (in my opinion):

vs current prototype:

or with a slightly less aggressive flair on the side

Yeah, what imcnblu said, but I would almost say not only make it level with the roof, but angle it slightly down like this. Basically, follow the body lines.

Or if you are going to make it look like the DC one, you need to lower the middle part at the top like on the DC one, which would also take care of leveling that part with the roof.

[QUOTE=Ominous G2;2023415]Pics:

[/QUOTE]

so many ideas to choose from…

okay…so I’ll make the visor run with the roof.

Thanks!!

[QUOTE=imcnblu;2062462]my $.02, align it with the roof a little more (almost flat) and have it go back about another 3/4" over the rear window.

here is my quick MS Paint edit of what i think would make it look SLIGHTLY better (in my opinion):
[/QUOTE]

^^^That rendition looks pretty sweet.

I was never really interested in the OEM hatch visor before. But the drawing that imcnblu drew
up caught my eye. I’m really hoping that the JDP version looks like that. Just my opinion. :smiley:

hit me up when you get the first one done! :slight_smile:

what do you think these will run for?

x2

Carbon will be probably $200 + shipping.

I think that if its more like the DC style rear visor it would look really nice how it kind of flares up a lil bit…which would be more functional as well instead of just straight…just my .02