my first car, first project THE DA9!

well, i got my 90 da integra for 900 bucks. at first i thoght it was all good because the carfax was clean and everything but i was WAY over my head. i found out that one of the previous owners was a guy i knew in high school. anyways here are some of the mods on it, as well as work that has been done to it or even things im in the process of doing. being an autobody guy, i know NOTHING about mechanical stuff. this car is a big melon but ive learned so much working on it.

cross drilled and slotted rotors
new axels
new rear brake pads
new spark plug wires
new 421 header and downpipe and cat back exhaust
cold air intake
upper strut tower bars
installing a new brake master cylinder
new rims and tires

i am repairing a couple of dents, one that was caused when i lost my brakes and hit a tree rolling down a hill.

now for the bad. the car has been in an unclaimed accident. the front core support and radiator support are bent, the car was clipped accross from the drivers side. the whole front end is shifted over to the passenger side about an inch or less. it makes the drivers side front wheel look like its sticking out. and yes it does track to the right because of the accident and the front motor mount is a little crooked. id wish i known this befroe i bought the car but… oh well. i dont know weather i should sell it, or keep it as is until eventually i have the money to fix it. being 19 years old and working a crap job pushing shopping carts at fred meyer. i think ive come along way from when i first got the car. of course youll see that the car has a rattle can paint job, which doesnt bother me because im going to be repainting it soon (the right way)

anyways, this is my thread so no making fun of my car!!! i know its not at all as nice as some of your guyses cars.

here is a couple pics, and ill try to update them.

here is the really deep dent that the tree punched into my quarter panel its looks better than this. this is after the first layer of body filler sanded with 40grit

if the front end is really that damaged id find another car. thats pretty intense damage and for the price of a clean shell it’s not worth it.

yea i know. ive been keeping my eye out for one but havent found any good ones.

I agree if the damage is that severe or even gonna cost more than $1500. I would just look for a clean shell.

GL on you build:up:

i cant wait to get my skunk2 lowering springs!!!

more stuff

nice nick, what struts you gonna run? let me know how they ride im gonna get the s2 race springs and strut combo for my db1

Continue on doing what makes you happy. Plus, what ever keeps you from doing something stupid in life. This TEG of yours my have been a bad decision in life, just look for another TEG out there and sell this one. Maybe, :angel:to a little old ladie that will just use it for Church on Sundays.

yea, i had lots of buyers remorce after i bought it but. im over it. its a first car, and i love 2nd gen integras. how many kids get their favorite car as a first car??? i found the whole front core support and radiator support for 225 bucks plus 55 shipping. i probably wont repair that until next quarter of school. i need to talk to my teacher about it. im currently fixing a nissan altima that has the same structual damage.

i think ill probably tade it for one of them drift cars. only problem with that is, ill have to move to a different forum :sad:

structual damage can be repaired, it might not be perfect but at least within like 3 or 4mm.

fixexd the huge dent
new tail lights
as it sits for right now

Looking good

lookin good nick, think if i brought my db up to your shop you could use that puller thing on the rear end to pull it out a little?

do you have pics of the damage? ill have to talk to my teacher about it.

ok, so i got bored and magical jdm things happened to my hood.

Started off as a good thread, but you just lost me. I hope that rising sun was a joke.

What is with people and that sun thing? It’s not cool :frowning: and please don’t put on that shocker hand thing either.

this page went ricer fast MaD vTaK y0!!