Are our cars easy to steal?

Hey I was curious as to how easy it is to steal a g2 integra. I’m still getting familiar with my car, but noticing the frame-less windows in our cars and the soft rubber seal would make it easy to bump the lock with a rod or pull the window off its frame and reach in with an arm. What about the ignitions in our cars, are they a well built ignition or can they be drilled easily or unbolted easily? What precautions should I take to make sure my vehicle dosnt go anywhere. My alarm is messing up, so I’ll be needing a new one and I keep my faceplate with me…

Any honda is easy. Most theives just keep a shaved key. And there good to go. Sadly…

you just answered your question!

Ask any of the guys from the Bay Area (California). No offense to those guys, but they have had a ring 2nd gens coming up stolen of recent.

If you own a gun, dont kill a theif in the attempt to steal your car. Start off by popping one in there knee and negotiate on weather they want to continue stealing things out of your car or start your car. Then ask them what else did they want that does not belong to them. I will inturn give them something that does not belong in there body…

Surprise butt secks?

Pwn

^^ hahaha…but in seriousness…my car was stolen right in front of my house…but all they took was my subs,amp,deck,and shift knob for some reason

My buddys h22 CRX was stolen from a college, all they took was his ebay seats, shift nob, and strut bars… odd?

The frameless windows do make it easy to break in. If you want visual proof, do the following:

1- Lock keys in car.
2- Call towing service.
3- Wait.
3- When towing service arrives, watch carefully as tow truck driver unlocks door.
4- Pay tow truck driver $40 for 10-15 seconds of work.

Of course, the presence of a window frame makes absolutely no difference when the thief can just break the glass. Just keep valuables out of sight and get good insurance.

:werd: when my cat broke to pieces and i had to call roadside assistance, i just happened to get my keys locked in my car (first time in my life I did that). When he came he just shimmied the slim jim behind the window and rubber gasket to hit the lock. Easy.

[QUOTE=BigJimSlay;2050418]
If you own a gun, dont kill a theif in the attempt to steal your car. Start off by popping one in there knee and negotiate on weather they want to continue stealing things out of your car or start your car. Then ask them what else did they want that does not belong to them. I will inturn give them something that does not belong in there body…[/QUOTE]

many gun owners here would disagree with you on that. when you shoot, you shoot to kill. Dead men dont sue.

:rofl: shit was very unexpected and caught me offguard! Thanks for the needed laugh!

If you are gunna shoot someone make the first shot count. Most states wont take the self defense or Make my day law plea if you shoot them more than once and they are already incapacitated with the first shot

sorry buddy but the g2 is very easy to steal…

the hood can be poped through the fender wall to cut the siren of any alarm.

the key tumbler is a joke in our doors (shaved honda key will do it)

the ignition assembly is the easiest of all. crack open the plastic covering, seperate the key ignition portion from the wiring harness and just take a flat head to turn the car on.

if someone wants your car they will take it. they will tow it, they will steal it, and if all fails they will vandalize it.

as for the gun thing…if i were to shoot i’d shoot to kill, i wouldn’t even take 1 shot, i’d shoot and i’d make sure they’re dead. buuuuut problem with that is the law doesn’t side with you if your life or your loved one’s lives are not in clear and present danger.

now if a theif was in the driver seat about to make off with the car and you stand in front of the car about 10 ft out and point a gun at em telling them to get out, and they refuse and start to attempt to run you over then you can just fire off the shots and if they were to subcome to their injuries then you shall not be at fault.

if they were already driving away and you were to shoot at em, and you make contact, that person can sue you because your life was not in danger anymore. CRAZY HU!!!

GoGreen

The frameless windows do make it easy to break in. If you want visual proof, do the following:

1- Lock keys in car.
2- Call towing service.
3- Wait.
3- When towing service arrives, watch carefully as tow truck driver unlocks door.
4- Pay tow truck driver $40 for 10-15 seconds of work.

that’s too much work. a coat hanger if handy is just as easy lol.

Integra’s in General are easy to steal, you can only do so much to protect it, some thieves even have the balls/no brains to go in your garage and try and take it when you’re not home or sleeping.

Hahah that’s epic. Sodomyyyyyyy

lol i locked the keys in my da one time and i unlocked the door with a screwdriver and a popsicle stick

Well well well… you’re just a regular fcuking MacGuyver aren’t you? :smiley:

Just having some ‘gun control fun’. Good humor to keep the negative thought off track for the moment. I just hate a f&%kin’ theif, and with the string of thefts to G2s, it just bothers me to the point on how hard one works for what they have and another could give a damn about karma nor the owner.
It comes down to the point that you have to have car alarms, kill switches, clubs and steering wheel removal sets before you begin modding your car to detour your average joe theif. But like they say, 'if they really want it that bad…
me, being a gun owner, if you want hot lead that bad…

hahahaha thats the most rediculouse tool iv ever heard of being used on a honda

My Da was just stolen the past weekend and when i got it back it had no signs of force entry(screw driver marks & what not) on the keyhole or ignition.