In DA i believe

Last weekend i drove my DA up to vegas to see my girl. I was kinda nervous. 139,xxx miles. Especially with no a/c. But i take very good care of my car. Did an oil change and full tune up before i left. Checked the brakes and tires. Made sure all the fluids were good…Made it there and back with absolutely no problems. No leaks. I’m super proud of my car! Ran like a champ :rockon: I was the only DA out there! Saw a riced out EF and a hideous DC and thats the closest i got to seeing one. Had everybody eye’in. It was nice to cruise my DA down the strip. I can say i did it. That was quite the drive tho. 8 1/2 hours both ways. Mileage wise it was pretty good. A little under a tank and a half to get there and a tank and a half to get back. just though i’d share my story. Hope you all have a good weekend. :slight_smile:

Sweet deal man! Since we are sharing stories, I did the same 2 summers ago. Drove from El Paso, TX to VEGAS (about 11 hours one way), stopped at Phoenix to visit my parents for Mothers Day, Drove to the Grand Canyon to walk on the Skywalk Bridge, partied in Vegas, got a stomach virus, drove back to Phoenix, stayed one more night with the folks, came back home! My DA had about 165000 on it at the time, AC worked like a champ and so did everything else! Thank God!

Our DA’s can be very reliable :slight_smile:

Believe it or not I drove my stock DA from LA to San Francisco and it took it like a real fkn champ. A/C was on the whole trip. I was amazed how other cars would brake going uphill by bakersfield but my DA just didnt gave up.:rockon:

^^ x2…In 2007 I drove my DA from denver colorado to san diego in about 19 hours, and I only made a stop in utah and in barstow for gas and food. I was impressed with how strong my obd1 xsi motor was with the major altitude changes, and how good my gas mileage was even with the short geared ys1 tranny. :rockon:

i love how reliable mine is, i finished up my sir2 swap in 2007 and my first long trip in it was i drove up to nashville for importalliance 4 1/2 hours both ways no stops. it was great and i also went to tennessee/carolina to do the tail of the dragon (deals gap) it was like a 5 hour drive one way and did it all in one day, not to mention doing the 11 mile twisty mountian roads! it was a blasty blast! lulz

The longest drive for me was driving from San diego to LA. The most stress on the engine too. And the engine keeped running on and off due to site seeing till midnight… race night. That was back in the day though.

139xxx miles is nothing! Mine’s at 231k as we speak…I don’t generally do long distance trips, though I went 2 hours each way to Columbus last week. Everything’s original on mine, except the clutch which was replaced for the first time at 193k. Only thing that is close to leaking or burning is my oil pan gasket “sweats”…it doesn’t even drip. :slight_smile:

I’m taking my Da on a 16 hour trip to nashville this thursday. My car has already been on multiple 12 hour trips already

all the stories!..makes me love the DA integra even more!:dance::ohyeah::up::clap::hi5:

im planning on making the trip again next month. i must really like this girl to want to take my DA back to vegas. haha

wow dude, props for completing a trek across the desert w/o AC.

haha…tell me about it bro…before i went to sleep at night…i had to cover my steering wheel with a white tee cuz at 8am it was already 85-90…i thought my steering wheel was going to melt or something…but no is AC is no joke over there

I drove my DA for 3 years with nothing but regular maintance and never once did it leave me stranded. Now she is receiving a fully built and boosted b16 for being such a good girl :slight_smile:

man i wish i had the money to treat my DA to a swap for being good…but the motor is still good…and running strong…and with 139,XXX miles…aparently its not that bad…

I’ll chime in with a DA driving story too.

In January I took my DA with 155k~ miles from Long Island NY to Port Charlotte FL, non stop. Then 3 days later drove it back again, non stop. Only stops were for fillups.

But yah it did great, no hicups, 24~ hour drive each way.

I did 1100 miles round-trip two weekends ago. Nothing out of the ordinary. I do 600-700 mile round-trips fairly often. The odometer is currently at 149,000 miles.

It’s bone stock with a cracked front spring, bad suspension bushings, and a stock muffler that’s starting to growl. Still gets 30-34 mpg. I’ve had it since '05 and I’ve replaced an axle, the ignition switch, a/c switch, battery, thermostat, block heater, radiator, and timing belt. I replaced the brake pads, rear rotors, and tires just after I got it. Other than that it’s just been headlight bulbs and wiper blades…

I’ve been on a couple of epic cross-country road trips that each added more than 5,000 miles to the odometer of my 90 RS Integra. Despite its age and high mileage it’s pretty dependable because I have done basic maintenance as needed and fixed mechanical problems as they have come up. Also, the car doesn’t have a lot of silly modifications that could detract from its dependability–it’s bone stock. Right now, I think I have a wheel bearing going bad, and need to deal with that. But apart from that, I wouldn’t hesitate to get in the car right now and drive across the country.
That said, the car does have almost 247,000 miles now, and I’ll admit I’ve had thoughts recently of getting a newer car with working A/C.

wow guys…after reading a few of these…i feel super confident in taking my DA back to vegas…dam integrac…24hr drive each way?..you’re a beast bro:rockon:

Those are some long distances sure, but at constant cruising speeds theres not exactly huge engine loads going on.

When I take my DA6 to the race track I drive 2-2.5hrs to get there, thrash it for 7-8 10 minute sessions then drive it straight home. And I do this knowing I’ll still be able to drive to work on the Monday. Reliability is awesome! Had the car about 6 years and it has never skipped a beat (at about 130,000 miles currently)

nice…I drive my DA from Vancouver Island down to San Diego at least twice a year to visit family…I have been doing so for the last 4 years without a single problem…I love the 2nd gens :slight_smile:

My wife and I hopped in my teg and drove out to Sanibel Island. It’s about 4 hours or so from home. 230K miles. No problems. :hi5:

I was contemplating getting a rental but they want way too much for a rental car during the summer months.