My project/daly driver...

Just thought I should introduce myself. I finally got some pix up. I got her from a friend for $500. 235000mi on the ODO. Still runs perfect. Compression is 185-190 all the way across.:slight_smile:

Done so far:

CAI
Throttle body and IACV heaters deleted
7lb. flywheel
Illuminas with OBX coils
ES Black T Arm bushings
Rear wiper delete
Accord antenna plug trick
Custom bent short throw shifter

Next to do:

Skunk2 front camber kit
GC Top hats for the front
Tires (already have two more MR7’s for the front)
And just looked and found out today that my tie rod end ball joints are shot. So I’ll have a busy weekend.:wave:

P.S. Oh, and I know, those taillights HAVE GOT TO GO! LOL!:gunright:

you said tie rod end ball joints. do you mean the tie-rod ends or the ball joints, theyre two seperate things.

car looks like a good start. good to see you already have the most important thing of the car which is the front and rear mud flaps, keep them on there man.

Was this car in an accident or something, whats up with the black fender. good luck with the car man.

o yeah, definatly get rid of those lights, the are atrousious

Glad to see you’re focusing on the suspension first. I’d recommend you get all of that stuff wrapped up before putting on your new tires. You’ll want to make all your suspension changes, then get an alignment, then put your new tires on.

Also, it would be very wise to replace all of your main suspension bushings. Pretty close to 100% of DA’s need this by this point in their life. OEM would be best but is quite costly. The ES bushings are very affordable and work great although won’t last as long as OEM. You may also want to change the trailing arm bushings out for OEM or another design. You’ll get a lot of opinions back and forth about bushings like the ES or Prothane being of a bad design. I have my preference but I’ll let you do the searching and come to your own conclusion.

In general I’d recommend fixing as many worn stock components as possible before trying to buy aftermarket parts. You can get all the fancy sway bars, coilovers, shocks…etc in the world but they aren’t going to function very well if your bushings, ball joints and wheel bearings are worn and beginning to fail…

I meant tie rod ends. Yeah, the mudflaps are from a local junk yard. They are important LOL! No idea about the black fender, I’m like the 10th owner. LOL!

Colin, I’m totaly with you on fixing stock components first. I’m going ES all around when I have some extra cash I 'll get the kit and little by little put it on. About the TA bushings, I did a lot of searching, I know about the TA bind. But, ES bushings seemed the easiest to install, and I just love polyurethane. Car handles great.:manual:

ok, tie rod ends are an easy fix, i agree with Colin, id fix that front end and then throw the wheels on. no need to wear out the tires due to alighnment wear

man, wished i found a clean $500 integra

It was from a friend, he gave me a good deal. :up:
The car was all messed up when I got it, though. Timing was off, it needed a valve lash job, main relay was shot, wipers didn’t work, blown shocks all around, interior was all torn up and a lot of other small annoying stuff.

It’s all fixed now! Thank God for G2IC and the Teg Tips!:bow:

What kind of wheels are those in the rear, they remind me of a set of MSR’s that I used to have.

good luck on the project :up:

[QUOTE=BLKACK1;2031256]What kind of wheels are those in the rear, they remind me of a set of MSR’s that I used to have.

good luck on the project :up:[/QUOTE]

look like motegi MR7

outer tie rods are one of the most overlooked suspension pieces in hondas… a lot of people don’t realize how much worn tie rods affect toe… good call.

wish skunk2 made camber kits back in my day… the camber kits i used were such a pain lol.

Yep, they are MR7’s 16". :burnout:

Rotors

My car was shaking really bad on braking. The guy at the machine shop owed me a favor. So I had him turn the front rotors. It’s all good now.

Also replaced spark plugs, my old ones looked like they ran too hot. I tried to get some that are a number cooler, but the guy at the local parts store said that the minimum I can order is 10. :wtf:

That tie rod end is still bad, I was gonna do it this weekend, but I ran out of cash. Oh well, next pay-day it’s taillights and tie rod ends.:manual:

I would steer away from the skunk 2s. I have heard of a few people on here that had problems with the adjustment brackets slipping. I went with the revo kit because of this, and have had no problems yet. In fact I have heard of numerous issues involving the quality of skunk 2 products, so I choose to steer clear of them. Good luck with the build up.

Revo vs Skunk2

Yeah, I’ve looked at the Revo kit too, there is a write up on here about it. The reason I want to go with S2 is it comes with the bushings, all you have to do is bolt it in.

Yea I thought I had the poly bushings leftover from my kit, but after I pressed out the oem ones I remembered that I lost the sleeves for them. Good luck with them, I have beat my suspension with not problems yet… knock on wood.

car is looking good …i have some tail light if you are looking for stock red / white ,let me know your not far from me

Got some stock taillights. Thanx to darussianone!

right on let me know if you need help car looks good

I finally got tired of my friends flaming me and my e-gay taillights, so I put the stock ones on. Looks awesome!

The pink lines are staying for now, it actually looks good.
The other day I put some Syncromesh in my tranny. Man what a difference!

Pink Lines

Well I had some time on my hands so I decided to get rid of the pink lines in my new tails using some Super Clean. Took about 30 min. to get all the pink out.

Also put my front plate off to the driver side.