A National G2 meet. Can it be done?

I’m not sure if this should be in general or in meet formation, but since its just the exploration of an idea, I figured here would be better. Mods, please feel free to move this if you disagree with me.

The west coast 2002 meet thread from last week had me thinking, what would it take to get even more of us together? Next year will be the North American 20th anniversary of the 2nd gen Integra, and the 20th for the GSR is just a couple years away. Either of those seem to be a good reason for something big. Would a huge national meet be feasible/possible? team-integra has the dragon run every year, and acura-legend has an annual national meet. With enough time I’m sure we could put our heads together and do something similar.

Any thoughts?

no suggestion, but Im down:read:

I have been thinking about this for a while. I’d be happy to put one together as well. Below are my thoughts:

Renting out our local track Heartland Park Topeka
Catered food
Contests and Prizes
Local Sponsorship

I have spoken to a lot of vendors around here, dealerships, food, etc and everyone is down for it.

If you guys want this put together, I can start the process tomorrow. I already have a contact at our local road course, dealerships, and even a food vendor.

Being in Kansas makes it a central location, and our track is very nice.

i hope i get stationed in kansas lol id love to go to this meet

Just got off the phone with a couple of people, and they are up for helping this come to life.

if you guys want to do this say the word and i’ll make it happen.

Something like this takes a lot of time and prep, think like a small scale convention. There are a lot of things to work out, but I’m certainly down to lend my time and effort to help organize.

Kansas is a pretty decent centralized location.

[QUOTE=Eric48;2024822]Something like this takes a lot of time and prep, think like a small scale convention. There are a lot of things to work out, but I’m certainly down to lend my time and effort to help organize.

Kansas is a pretty decent centralized location.[/QUOTE]

Precisely why I’ve been on in in the background for a while.

ok well I’m on it. Eric I’ll let you knwo if I need any help.

I will have some tentative plans and an internet flyer ready by next week.

Ive even got a hookup on event shirts, same ppl who make my shop shirts.

You might want to hold off of any preparations before a LOT MORE people reply to this thread. We tried getting something like this going before. A major problem is that our cars are old and traveling long distances is of major concern. There are also some people that don’t want to drive 2 hours to a meet. . . but it’s been a while since we tried this.

We would need a lot of volunteers. I don’t have experience with setting up a large scale event (so obviously I cannot spearhead it) but I appreciate the effort you guys are putting forth.

[QUOTE=N FUL FX;2024836]You might want to hold off of any preparations before a LOT MORE people reply to this thread. We tried getting something like this going before. A major problem is that our cars are old and traveling long distances is of major concern. There are also some people that don’t want to drive 2 hours to a meet. . . but it’s been a while since we tried this.

We would need a lot of volunteers. I don’t have experience with setting up a large scale event (so obviously I cannot spearhead it) but I appreciate the effort you guys are putting forth.[/QUOTE]

i was just emailing you. all the plans i was going forward with are all peliminary, nothing will be put in stone until we have the proper response of course.

i do have experience with large scale events, and having contacts around the city makes it easy for me. some of them aare already aware that i’ve been wanting to do this for a while. i will make a post in the meet forum when i have some more details.

and i do understand that distance is always a factor wiht an older car, and no one is more paranoid than i am when it come s to things like that. boils down to if you can go, go, if not, no worries. it will be about a year from now, mid summer i think. kansas being somewhat centralized would make it easier at least fro the majority.

i’ll work on some things nad get some input here. volunteers will be needed of course and when im ready and have jobs assigned then people can volunteer for them.

stay tuned.

I have some ideas, if this gets enough support to get off the ground:

I vote for next summmer, sticking with the 20th anniversary idea. That gives plenty of time for organization, getting the word out, and enables people to make advance travel plans.

I think a loose committee should be formed, and since it looks like Iceman has already done a lot of the legwork, I vote he heads it up.

Neil, if this gets off the ground, would it be possible to get a sub-forum just for this?

Iceman, the track is a really awesome idea :rockon:
Any dyno shops around that could handle a large group over a weekend, maybe we could do some pulls?

[QUOTE=Eric48;2024844]I have some ideas, if this gets enough support to get off the ground:

I vote for next summmer, sticking with the 20th anniversary idea. That gives plenty of time for organization, getting the word out, and enables people to make advance travel plans.

I think a loose committee should be formed, and since it looks like Iceman has already done a lot of the legwork, I vote he heads it up.

Neil, if this gets off the ground, would it be possible to get a sub-forum just for this?

Iceman, the track is a really awesome idea :rockon:
Any dyno shops around that could handle a large group over a weekend, maybe we could do some pulls?[/QUOTE]

I’m two steps ahead of you. Might be a mobile dyno AT the track event. We’ll see. i’ll throw my email addy up when i get a few things going and people can help me out.

that would be badass I would be down for something like this

id be down except it would take me 2,559 km – about 1 day 1 hour to get there. :umno:

If everything goes to plan, a meet like this is a once in a lifetime type of thing, especially if it is as big as anticipated. think the ITR Expo. the point is to be there, regardless of how far. plus it’s a year off. i realize it’ll be far for some people, but it would be worth it. sadly i can’t please everyone. If it comes to life, in my opinion, if you wanna be there bad enough, you’ll make the drive.

wuss

I’ll definitely be in. As long as Gylnn doesn’t drive my car through Kansas :angel:

hmmm 2800 mile round trip

maybe

Im down but where would the meet be tho???

lets get this shit started…

if thats not possible we can have our own west coas meet.:slight_smile:

6500km’s round trip eh. Kansas does seem pretty central, but you have to remember driving on the west coast takes longer than the east, we have mountain ranges to get across…just google it and see how many more highways there is on the east side. But still, its only another 8 hours once we’re past the mountains.

So we could get all the west coast ppl to meet up maybe at salt lake city or denver (just going by google maps here) and drive together from there.

Hm, it would be nice if it could work, but i’m sure by the time it rolls around i won’t be able to justify going, too much time off work in the busiest time of year, plus gas is probably going to be at a stupid price again by then, it’s already over a dollar per litre here…
i can dream tho right?

perhaps, but if my 400whp turbo car breaks down im fucked. unless i send the bill to g2ic then maybe… also what kind of gas do you guys have in the usa?? i need 94 octane minimum. im pretty sure you got higher tho so that wouldn’t be a problem.