JDM GSR at the TRACK 1st RUN

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM GSR at the TRACK 1st RUN

nice mustang

9.65... second run at the track.. i know i can do better!

what do you guys think?... check out my build thread here

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194601

Dude that Looks Good..............

Comment

damn clean swap man what track is that your racing at?

Comment

ITS IRWINDALE SPPEDWAY unfortunately its only an 1/8 mile

Comment

haha thats cool i always wanted to take my teg to the track up in sacremento raceway.

Comment

im confused.

i read that a bone stock ls can run a 10.2 on 1/8 mile

how is it that beauty of a motor runs a 9.65?

Comment

i am pretty sure the stock ls CAN NOT run a 10.2 im their every friday and stock ls integras run 10.4- 10.7 .2 seconds is a big difference. my stock ls with full interior ran a 10.5 at its very best. a stripped out ls with one seat ran a 10.2!! i have a full interior,,, the 9.6 was my first time... i have since gone back and ran a personal best of 9.3 but i think thats best it can do for now.. its consistant at 9.5 now what do u guys think?

Comment

ill find you the article i read...

Comment

reflect on this for a while. im not sure how im going to find the article. i seen it a while ago.

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/dr...ml#post2335453

Comment

I went 10.466 in the 1/8 with a 2.5 60ft. I dont see how a 10.2 is out of reach. Elevation also plays a key in this as well.

Comment

the article i was looking for was a da build on the honda tuning magazine website. i went and looked all over for it and couldnt find it BUT believe me when i say those guys said a bone stock ls is able to run 10.2 on the 1/8...

Comment

im sorry i refuse to believe a STOCK LS WITH NO MODS... can go 10.2 lol i motified one MAYBE.... a fully stock ls that is restricted with stock air box and stock exhaust/header and stock clutch cant do it TRUST ME! lol

Comment

i clicked on that link and this guy said he ran a 9.8 with his ls with 156,00 miles on it with no mads at all with full interior.... thats BS lol cant believe what they say. im talking from experience and from races and times that i have actually seen with my own eyes lol

Comment

Originally posted by dalejrfan88 View Post
                            I went 10.466 in the 1/8 with a 2.5 60ft. I dont see how a 10.2 is out of reach. Elevation also plays a key in this as well.
                            +1. Cut a 2.4/2.3 60ft and there is your 10.2. Of course it will take the obvious driver mod. Is that why the OP says its impossible? He is already a perfect drivetr awaiting sponsorship?
                            \
                            Driver mod ftw

Comment

Originally posted by billys_da_integ View Post
                              im sorry i refuse to believe a STOCK LS WITH NO MODS... can go 10.2 lol i motified one MAYBE.... a fully stock ls that is restricted with stock air box and stock exhaust/header and stock clutch cant do it TRUST ME! lol
                              Read.
                              Originally posted by DA_all_day View Post
                              the article i was looking for was a da build on the honda tuning magazine website. i went and looked all over for it and couldnt find it BUT believe me when i say those guys said a bone stock ls is able to run 10.2 on the 1/8...

Comment

STOP IT DAMN IT! A STOCK LS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO MODS WILL NOT GO 10.2 lol shit you got me raising my voice now lol

Comment

STOP IT DAMN IT! A STOCK LS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO MODS WILL NOT GO 10.2 lol shit you got me raising my voice now lol
                                  Are you stupid or dense? I bolded the important part. 10.2 on an 1/8 mile strip. Not a quarter mile strip, dummy.

Comment

Im sorry....I have to disagree with you bro. I have nothing better to do than to dig up my old timeslips and scan them..lol

This was my very last time at the track before I gave up my car. Granted...the stock airbox didnt have the resonator...but im sure that didnt have any effect but making more noise.

Great job on the 9.5 though..Im sure you could knock that down a little bit more.

*Edit* I forgot to mention...this is an RS, not an LS.
                                    Last edited by BK_DA; 12 Nov 2009, 18:30:00.

Comment

Originally posted by BK_DA View Post
                                      Im sorry....I have to disagree with you bro. I have nothing better to do than to dig up my old timeslips and scan them..lol

This was my very last time at the track before I gave up my car. Granted...the stock airbox didnt have the resonator...but im sure that didnt have any effect but making more noise.

Great job on the 9.5 though..Im sure you could knock that down a little bit more.

*Edit* I forgot to mention...this is an RS, not an LS.
                                      THAT is cool. im going going to the track next friday and we'll see what i can do...

im not tryna knock your hard work but it doesnt make sense to me how your only running a 9.5

Comment

GUYS CANT YOU READ>.. lol i said i went back the 3rd time... 3rd try and had a 9.3 lol

Comment

GUYS CANT YOU READ>.. lol i said i went back the 3rd time... 3rd try and had a 9.3 lol
                                          ok.. even then. it still doesnt make sense. all those upgrades and only a second faster....

Comment

stop lying!.... i know you were SPRAYING to get that 10.1 time lol j/k

Comment

1 sec fast in a dragstip is a big upgrade.. 1 second faster in the 8th mile is about a 3 car difference.... in an 1/4 mile its almost 4 cars.. about the 90-110 mph range... so cutting a complete second in a quarted mile is an big upgrade... any other person that is familiar with drapstrips will tell you this also. my car was NEVER meant to be a "RACE CAR".. especially a "DRAG CAR".. is was simply made to be a fun car that i can enjoy everyday.. that is perfectly balanced with speed, handeling and reliability... thats what my goal is with this car. =)..... now stop hating because you still have an LS engine lol j/k

Comment

hmmmm, I've seen stock LS's dip into the 9's, I'm sure that B18C will get into the low 9's for sure.

My stock H22 3G prelude (heavier) is in the 8.7's. no reason why a B18C shouldn't be quicker in a lighter g2 teggy.

Comment

how is that prelude hitting 8.7?... no way its stock.. built?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X