1990 ls 1/4 mile time

I have 1990 ls 5 speed, and i have a ram intake, dc sports headers, custom 2.5’ exhaust, and mugen chip. Does anyone know around what my 1/4 mile time would be with good driving?

:lock:

this topic has been covered countless times, but probably right around 16 seconds. give or take a tenth or two.

You live in NJ right?? So lets say you drive from where you are in NJ to Oldbridge Township Raceway Park In Englishtown NJ. Thats roughly an hour or if its a race day or a week night more like 1.5 -2 hours. Then you have to wait in line so they can charge you for racing. Then you have to wait to be teched. After that you have to wait in the pits. But you dont want to be too far away cuz the sound system sucks and you cant hear your class unless your under a speaker. So you keep your car running since the guy announcing says " All racers in Class eahjjdje <unable to understand 99% of the time> to the staging lanes" . Now think about it your car has been running for around 3.5 hours. You finally get up to the lanes and sit and sit and sit and even if your car is off the engine is still hot as balls. Then you finally get up to the water box and do your burnout on street tires thus turning the ground infront of the water box into a blistering cloud of smoke. Finally you get up to the tree and stage…
After all that shit you either realize “Damn maybe I should have taken my spare out” or “Holy fucking shit I have to piss!!” or better yet "Why is my whole front end shaking violently?? <see broken axel) "Then the lights drop and you shift mad quick yo with a half tank of gas and an engine thats been running for 4 plus hours. 16+ seconds later you get a time slip

Cliff notes: DO A SEARCH.

long night :hugs:

I disagree… im guessing 15.4

I was at 15.6 with just a exhaust and CAI… and my 60’ sucked, my engine was knocking… spun tires all the way threw first gear… had shitty 30$ wal-mart tires! at 18psi. so yea. if you can drive decent u should hit low 15’ =)

hey junkman i find all that stuff u wrote funny as hell ! :smiley:

Hahah thanks! I have been to tracks in NJ , PA , and TX and its all the same shit. The funny thing about the track in TX i went to is that for whatever reason no one was really there. It was a Friday test and tune night and some of the professionals were there doing shakedown runs. This one in the group of people I was with did approx. 60 miles worth of 1/4 mile passes from 4pm-12am. That however is a rarity.

ill let u kno how i do, i got a 90LS 5 speed with skunk2 short shifter, custom cat-back exhaust with test pipe in when i dont have to smog my car and custom CAI so ill post it up when i get it

90dals, i live in orangevale ca i have a 1990 gs, cutom ram air on an sri, 2.25 custom piping to a flowmaster 40 series muffler and 4 inch tip, let me know when you go i might be interested in going wiht you, if that’d be okay?