X

My first time at track check out my times GSR motor

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first time at track check out my times GSR motor

This was my first run at any track. Only an 1/8 mile.

My Mods include; B18C1, AEM Cai, Skunk 2 Mainfold, Type R cams, B&M fpr, Comptech header, Greddy SP, B16 J1 tranny with Kaaz LSD, VAfC etc etc.

I had 1/2 tank of gas, full leather interior and tires at 30 psi. Shifted at close to 8k

Reaction: 1.283 (first run ever)
    60ft:...... 2.477
    MPH:...... 67.36
    ET:.........10.581

I know my 60ft times are really bad but i still think i should have got a quicker ET with my mods. Next time i will have no gas and tires at ___psi? What do u guys suggest?

hey ed its joe hows the car ? as for times i my best time was a 9.6 and 2.2 60 ft my average was 9.9 10 flats the san diego stadium track sucks , theres water all over the track because of the v8s dueing burnouts , that 9.6 was with the chipped p28 ecu (shifting at 8500 ), practice thats all i can say and get the car tuned good luck

Comment

Hey joe thanks for the reply, the car is running great. I wanted to ask you about that p28 ecu. I put that thing in and the car sounds crazy and my idle is at like 1.7k, i could also smell gas. None of that bothers me cause i would only use that ecu at the track but the cel comes on and stays on and when i drive it i cant rev past 4k or it bogs. I also couldnt get a code unless a lighted cel (no blinks) means ecu.

Comment

I would drop it down to at leat 25 psi maybe even 22? I think thats what I set mine at. Once you get those 60's down you should be below 10. I ran a 10.1 in my 91 RS with an axleback exhaust and new clutch.

Comment

drop tire pressure to around 12-15

Comment

I need some advice for what rpm to launch at. My best 60ft was revving to about 4k and then feathering but that was still a 2.4 . Dumping the clutch at 3k to 5k seemed to give me 2.5's and up so that sucked. With my mods should i be feathering or dumping? i know i got to just go and try different things but proven methods with mods similar to mine (lsd in particular) would give me an idea of where to start.

Comment

you only need 3k. floor it and feather if you spin. ive seen front wheels launch like all-wheels using that method.

Comment

Is this track at high elevation or just an absolutely horrible track? Those mods should get you very close to 8s in the 8th mile I would think. My I/E GSR hit 9.9 with almost your exact same 60' time.

Comment

Also I would shift at at least 8K rpms

Comment

hmm i ran 10.6 with a b16a - chipped ecu, exhaust...

you've got manifold, cams, header, intake, LSD, VAFC on me and a b18c. you should be in the 9's easy. i had full interior, system, tools, and my back seat was full of shit.

i ran a 10.7 when i was completely stock (b16) with gutted interior also.

Comment

Damn dude, I pull 10.3's consistant COMPLETELY bone stock. I have excellent reaction times, and okay 60'. I'm going to the track again with my friends slicks on and I hope to break 9.9's bone stock. I really need to get my 60' down and I should be in the 9's. Keep practicing bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X