A032-r?

I was curious if anyone had used these in an autox environment. I picked up a brand new pair (yes a pair) for super-duper-dee cheap and was thinking about getting another pair to match them and using them for my SM struggle next year. I was wondering:

How sticky compared to other tires like azenis, victoracers, ecsta (sp) v700?
Do they heat up enough in one run?

And thats all I can think of right now.

Ben

you should talk to itaintegrals. he’s like #1 in H4 or up there pretty high I think. he can probably tell what tires are good.

found this from one of itaintegrals’s posts:

225-50-14 Toyo Tires
Borbet 14x7 rims

I’m not sure what exact toyo’s hes running but thats part of his wheel specs.

I dont need to know what tires are good. I want peoples experiences with a032r’s. I already have a pair of them.

Ben

oh, I’m retarded :frowning: GL :stuck_out_tongue:

plus he’s road racing and so they are prolly ra1s which suck for autox cause they dont heat up near enough in 1 minute.

thanks though :slight_smile:

Ben

If I’m not mistaken, a few guys use them here in the NWR SCCA, but I’ll have to ask around a bit. Go ahead and go to http://www.wwscc.org/forums and post on there in the car setup forum

remember ryank. hes still on these boards, he used them once for a track event.

AUTOCROSS not track event

ONCE. thats probably about what youll get out of em. the treadwear is very low. but sticky icky!

Wow…people really don’t know whay they’re talking about.

Ben - There’s an SCCA event tomorrow. I’ll ask around to see what people think. I’d bet money they’re not as sticky as the S04 Hoosiers, or 710 or Victo Kumhos. It’s probably going to rain, so some of the SM guys will probably have them on, either those or the RA1’s. But yeah, I’ll ask around.

this has been taken care of.

damn right, all it takes is an apple, leather pants, and a whip…bitch… :ok:

:bump:

Hard or Soft Ben?

I only saw one person use the hard compound in autoX back when the wasn’t a soft availible. He thought they were better than Azenis he also used V700s. He was fster on the ECSTA V700s. If you’re goal is to dominate SM don’t buy another pair, if you want something better than what you have then get the other pair. In the wet they’re are known as good tires.

Also Tread wear is a subjective scale and shouldn’t be use to compare tires.

thanks scott and roldan. I’m not trying to dominate SM cause I dont have the skill or money. Something better would be nice, maybe make me a little more competitive.

I dunno what compound. I dont recall seeing that on there. I’ll look tomorrow or something.

2 of my azenis are bald. maybe I’ll just put these on the front and the good azenis on the back. I dunno.

Ben

:bs: Tell that to the STI’s and the EVO that you were keeping up with.

I had them on my car for the better part of 6 months. They are the best tires i have ever driven on. They are intended to be a wet weather racing tire but excel in the dry. For an autocross event they would be awesome, but they do wear fast. Also make sure you have strut bars in. Any chassis support is good. My freind had a set on his golf and he actually ripped the rear end right out! hahaha, yes it was an old car but still pretty funny. They are murder on an unsupported body.
Tyler

they arent “awesome” for an autocross. If they were, more SM guys at Nationals would have them on their cars. Yes, if it’s wet they’re great. If you don’t know what you’re talking about, dont spread misleading information.

I gave my opinion, thats all. I saw he lived in washington, where its wet, and i figured that it would an awesome tire for him. It is after all a wet weather racing tire. No need to hate, its people like you that make guys like me think twice about offering any advice. I am an avid autocrosser and i love them. Maybe its my driving style, who knows, but i like them.
Tyler

Agreed. Luckily most people I’ve talked to at an autocross are a bit nicer than this. Seeing posts like this is what keeps people from trying it out.