Getting Serious

Question to all Autocross and Road racers. If I want to start to get serious in this. Would it be to my benifit to “downgrade” to an RS? I’m very much enjoying this season and learning all I have so far on tuning and adjusting what I can on the 91 LS I have.
I’ve pretty much convinced myself that a GSR is just down on torque to get serious in STS. Even if moved to DSP.
Is there a definate advantage to a RS over an LS? I know the headroom would be beificial just due to the loss of the sunroof alone.

Thanks in advance.

:manual:

see below like 5 threads, about getting into autox…

i dont think this needs a new thread.

For AutoX. In STS update/backdate is dead and you '91 LS is the 2nd worse G2 to start with. The '92-'93 RS would be the best and the '90-'91 GS would be the worse. But it doesn’t matter unless you are trying to win a national event. Just work with what you have.

For Road Racing. It doesn’t matter, you can make min weight with any trim level and ABS removal is mandatory. Just don’t buy a GSR as the are ITS cars.

Ironically the G2 GSR has no dominate place in competition. The other Integra variants are well classed in ITA.

Well put. :up: I think that the 92-93 RS is the best platform to start with in either case. In autox, I think it can be competative in GS and STS(and perhaps beyond). For road racing, it requires less work to set it up.
-nino