Scammed by some punk kid in Murfreesboro,TN

I saw his ad for a “built b18” on craigslist. I got ahold of him and he said it is a strong running motor, fresh rebuild, blah blah blah.

I drive down there and buy the motor. I go to bolt it into my car and i can’t seem to get any of the bolts that attach the motor to the trans to thread. They are all stripped out. SO I pull it back out and get kind of curious about the condition of the internals. I pull the head and oil pan, then pull a piston to find the rings fried, the crank bearings have been DOUBLE STACKED and melted. This motor was clearly turbo’d and absolutely fried. It did have b16 pistons in it, but they were so shot that you can take a piston and rotate it til it hits the rod and it will scar the piston.

I called the seller and confronted him about it and he claimed that “I must have fried the motor and stripped those bolt holes”.

Just so everyone knows to watch out for him… Here’s his phone number 615-342-9679

your dumb for buying shit like that on craigslist. :werd:

best deal i bought off some guy on craigslist was JDM thin side moldings brand new for $110 still wrapped up, in a box and everything complete.

Thanks alot, Prick. I already wasted $300, do you really think I need another reminder?

sorry to hear, but ya craigslist is pretty much bullshit anymore.
sucks people always bs’n on there all the time. i get it around here too

Yea, Like i mentioned in another thread, I’m a jeep guy, I’ve got a website here in TN that I use for that stuff and if you scam someone on there they take it VERY seriously. The site is connected to one of the main offroad stores in TN, they’ll ban ya from their store and all their events, it’s pretty crazy.

Either way I just figured ya’ll should know. I’m about an hour away from firing my motor for the first time in 6 months. WISH ME LUCK!

I would take it back at toss it through the windshield of his car

It may happen in the near future. Thats where the kid screwed up, he sold it to me at his house. I now know where he lives. :rockon:

My friend got a motor in the same condition. The craiglist add said full swap for 1500, need cash. So my friend baught a ls tranny wich was ok (said it was b16 -no tag-), and a oviusly turboed engine that was all strung apart, i put it all together. Has no balls, smokes, i can tell its has low comprestion from it idleing. But i guess lesson learned.

x2 :rockon:

sorry to hear though man

sounds like a good plan!

what was the ad like?i was about to buy a motor off of craigslist.but could never find it after.im in search of a running motor.

damn sorry to hear about that man fucking pricks selling shit like that. Thats why I hate buying stuff on craigslist because people can fuck you over big time.

i have thought about scamming some dumbass on craigslist with my dead optima (red top) battery but maybe i shouldnt… :angel:

There use to be a section in craigslist where you could have sex and F$$K in there. It’s not in there anymore.:bawl: Those where the good ole days, now gone for ever. Now, it’s all about reading the PennySavers.

that sucks man. i posted a link to this on our local forum. this kid is a member on there so i felt like i should let everyone know in our area about it.

whoa whoa whoa, you know who he is?? He’s a little “african-american” kid(sorry if that offends anyone, but I honestly dont care), prob 20ish, drives a black DA. It CLEARLY had a turbo’d b18 with b16 pistons in it. He also had a red valve cover on it for what that’s worth. He claimed he was doing a K series swap when I picked this up from him a few months back.

Either way, Send me a link to that thread and/or his info! IT’S GAME ON FELLAS!

I’ll yank a piston or two out tomorrow and post up pics of the lovely melted bearings and fried rings.

thats some fucked up shit

He didn’t seem like he was very big. about average. Either way I appreciate the info man.

Can one of ya’ll post up a link to this thread in the right section in the classifieds on there? If you dont mind to title it with dudes screen name or something. I’d gladly get on there and call him out about it but For some reason I can’t view the classified section on there. I’ve tried from three computers.

so you bought a “built” motor for $300 bucks on c.l.? if that was the case red flags should have been poping up in your head.