X

will civic kit fit...

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will civic kit fit...

I am pulling a lowering spring kit from a 1989 civic hatchback. Will this fit into my 90' da??? Will the civic front forks fit?? or is the kit completely wrong. They are purple Intrax springs, part # 35-102-324 and I cant find any info on them on the net.
    TegGS
    Inactive Member
    Last edited by TegGS; 22 Sep 2009, 21:59:33.

Hey thanks for the help guys

So what I did. I used 1989 Civic dx suspension components. I put the civic front shocks/lowering coils onto my da using my DA lower knuckle. Fits perfect....

For the rear I used the civic rear struts and coils and put them in as is. The rear of the car is WAY too low. This is where I am stumped. Can I put the civic coils onto my DA struts to raise the car about 1.5inches?? These are the best pics at the moment. If I cant figure it out, I'll just hack the stock rear springs.

Stock height

Front lowered

Front/rear lowered. Does not look right

Comment

the only thing i can think of is that the civic is a lighter car so the spring rates arent as high as what would be for the DA so when the weight of the DA is applied they have a little more sag, hence being lower.

give it time someone will chime in here and help out sometimes it does take a bit to get an answer, but it is a good answer and right answer when you get it

Comment

Usually when you do hybrid suspensions.. you should opt for coilovers so you compensate for the uneven drop. This has been covered before.. just search for it.

Comment

I swapped the drop springs onto my da struts. The rear is the same hight, mabye even a little lower than the pics. I hate to say it, but I could put it back to stock or hack a coil off of each rear spring. Coin tossage time.

Comment

not being a dick but why not just get something that's for your car? do it right or pay it twice...with more hassle.

Comment

Working...
            X