Snapped low Control arm bolt

My buddy and I snapped his rear low control arm bolt yesterday while installing springs on his DC(did’nt spray penatrating oil). We are taking it to the shop today. I have no idea on how it will be done. Any help before we take it to the shop would be nice, so im not clueless.

A drill with a speacial drill bit for metal and a lot of time i had a similar problem when i was installing my es bushings kit. the bolt was ceased up and rusted inside the bushing sleeve i ended up taking out the whole trailing arm with lower control arm out and drilling it out on oneside and then using a hack saw on the other took me hours but i did it

Just get a saw zawl and cut the other end of the bolt… then use a punch and hit it with a big fcuking hammer and it should come out.

With this process, the welded bolt will come out with the leftover broken bolt so you’re going to need a new OEM bolt with a nut to tighten it.

hopefully it will be that easy.

worst come to worst you might have to use a hydrolic press to press the whole bushing out and just replace it. if you dont have accses to a press you can try to burn the bushing out with a map gas torch and use a sazall or hacksaw to remove the out collar of the bushing.

there are many different methods of installing the new one. a press being the esiest and correct way to do. just serch it.

[QUOTE=BLKACK1;2071760]hopefully it will be that easy.

worst come to worst you might have to use a hydrolic press to press the whole bushing out and just replace it. if you dont have accses to a press you can try to burn the bushing out with a map gas torch and use a sazall or hacksaw to remove the out collar of the bushing.

there are many different methods of installing the new one. a press being the esiest and correct way to do. just serch it.[/QUOTE]

why search if your here. go get’em tiger!buwahah

yo tuan how u been? remember me

yea man wuz sup! Diggin those wheels that you just picked up man, they look good.