quick questions about spring set up

question about lowering my car.

i know this question probably been killed to death but i just wanted to get a full understanding about lowering a car.

PLANS: lower my car like 2inchs. just for looks though, daily driver, nothing intense like track or something. wanted to pick up teins s techs and throw them on my stock struts. worried about blowing my shocks and camber wear.

QUESTIONS:

a. good idea for a daily driver to buy the teins?
b. if i get an aliment will it help prevent camber wear?
c. also heard if you get camber kits it helps stiffens the ride? is that true?

im fairly new to DAs so i just wanted to get some opinions before i do anything dumb. thanks guys

i dont know to much about those springs but i know tein is a good manufacturer. As for the alignment this will help with tire wear but only contributes to it a little bit what you really want to be lined up is your toe adjustment this will most likely cause your tires to wear out real quick. As far as camber kits go i know a little bit about them they basically are just to correct you camber when you lower your car because to much camber will cause your tires to wear but on the other hand a degree or 2 will help your car in cornering and hugging the ground more most camber kits only correct up to 3 degrees but really its your choice but remember after lowering your car to get an alignment and toe adjusted as soon as possible. Hope this Helps

1. Those springs should be fine, all the lowering springs are basically the same. Ride heights are different and spring rates are different, but quality is all pretty good.

2. If you only install springs, no camber kit, then all you have which is adjustable is your Toe. You want to make sure your toe is set well, as long as it’s straight the camber you now have due to lowering shouldn’t be a huge issue. You will wear out the inside of your tires faster than normal, but it shouldn’t be super quickly. With a 2" drop you should have somewhere around -2deg of camber. Depending on your exact situation, with good toe settings you might get 70-90% of what you’d normally get out of a set of tires.

If you do get a camber kit, make sure you get it aligned AFTER you install the camber kit.

1. Maybe, but this isn’t something you should be thinking about. Depending on which kit you buy and the condition of your existing parts you might technically be stiffening some bits up a little. But it’s a minimal amount, you may or may not feel anything. And what you feel might not be increased stiffness but instead less slop. Since you’re just dealing w/ a daily driver it shouldn’t matter either way.

cool thanks for the help guys :smiley: really appreciated it