brakes are hard

Hello
Ok here it goes i have a 90 4 door with abs . I have all stock brakes on it an no abs light come on .i see no leaks any were . But it seem as if the brakes are dragging (like driven with the ebake up) i have bled them an the brake peddle is still hella hard . So i jacked it up an spin the wheels an 3 of then seem to drag both front one an passanger rear (replaced drive one about a month ago ) an it seem fine . So my question is do i have 3 bad calipers,is my abs shit (with no abs light or codes on it) or is it my master cyclinder or booster ? I would like to get ride of the abs but as of now i need it fixed cant have the wheels lock up on the freeway as this is my freeway car …an yes the wheels have locked up before had to bleed it at the master to relese pressure on it . So this is long tried to be complete

If the pushrod going from your brake booster to the master cylinder is out of adjustment it can cause the brakes to slowly lock up while you drive. Basically the booster is keeping the master cylinder partially depressed and the pressure can’t be relieved from the brake fluid. Check out:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mastercylinderreplace/howworks.html
That should have everything you need.

I’m not positive this is your problem but its where I would look if it was my car.

cool thanks ill look it just started out of no were

just checking in since you asked…

Right off the bat I really don’t know where to start, except w/ that link the OP posted (I didn’t look at it). Seems like he may have some experience in that arena.

By “dragging” what exactly do you mean? How much resistance is there. Since our calipers are a floating design the pads won’t back off too far from the rotors. The wheels should spin freely but will slow down pretty quick and you’ll normally hear some rotor/pad contact.

I don’t think it would be ABS related. From what I saw recently the rear brakes are on the same circuit, so if the ABS went to apply pressure to the rear brakes it does so evenly to both. Front wheels are independent and the ABS applies pressure to each wheel independently.

Is the pedal just hard? Is it depressed? Is braking more difficult than normal (say, similar to braking w/ the engine off?)

By “dragging” what exactly do you mean?

Well it is dragging a lot like any slight incline the car will not roll backwards,you jack up the car an try an spin the wheels both front an passanger rear does not spin eazy at all

Is the pedal just hard? Is it depressed? Is braking more difficult than normal (say, similar to braking w/ the engine off?)

it hard like goes down an inch if that it like the brakes are all ready on ,an yes like the engine off

i am think brake booster