Kumho AST tire question

I recently had BFgs 45 series for like 5 years. Then I swapped them out with FAT fives with a 205-50- size NEW kumho ASTs. PSI set on 32 front and 30 rear.

I like checking my tire pressure every other month. Is it normal for these tires to lose tire pressure every month?

So the fronts were at 32 in August 1st. Today it went down to 30?. Is this normal for this type of tire?

My recent BFgs hardly loss PSI in three months.

I think that’s normal cuz I run AST’s on my daily and I don’t really have a set schedule on when to check the pressure but when I do get around to it (usuallyy around 3 months)… I do tend to lose like 2-3 PSI in the fronts.

Guess cuz the front is heavy so everytime you bounce over a bump or whatever… you lose PSI slowly? shrug

I do know that the Falken 912’s tend to lose pressure every 2 months. I put those on my dad’s Accord and I have to pump the tires every two months to keep it from not having the “flat” look… same thing with my DA, I’m running the same 912’s and yes I have to pump it about every two months…

[QUOTE=hybrid90;2068088]I think that’s normal cuz I run AST’s on my daily and I don’t really have a set schedule on when to check the pressure but when I do get around to it (usuallyy around 3 months)… I do tend to lose like 2-3 PSI in the fronts.

QUOTE]

I lose 2 PSI EVERY month. Thats on both fronts. They would be at the same number reading. I should rule out puncher holes, because the readings are the same.

Your insight?

how are these tires compare to falken 512 and s drive? i bought these 205 50 15 for a good price---- $170 , just wonder if theyr good or not, how is the thread wearing? right now theyr on the other set of rims , i am just waiting for the hub centric rings to put them on

tires in general lose about 1.5-2 psi every month. so its perfectly normal. it also depends on road condition, how you drive, how clean your beads are on your rims, how well your valves seal, etc. dont forget that temperature also affects your psi. if you check your psi on a hot day it’ll read higher and lower on a cold day.

Ya I agree with the above post. I wouldn’t be so sure its the actually tire, it probably a bunch of different factors. With the weather, a general rule is that you loose 1 psi for every 10 degree drop in temperature. So say you check your tire pressure at noon while its 90 degrees it might be 32 psi, then you check it around 8 or 9 PM when its 80 degrees it might read out 31 psi. Just my thoughts on that