hard brake pedal

after my alternator got replaced a little while and i went to drive the car and my brake pedal was hard as a rock. it would go down for nothing. i tried pumping them and playing with the pedal and stuff but nothing…

even when i slam on the pedal and press down as hard as i can the car just gradually slows down really slow. i have no idea what could be wrong.

on your brake booster vacume line there is a vacume booster, try turning it around. its like a light grey valve thing thats inbetween you brake booster vac lines on your firewall.

thanks but do you man the little grey thing with the E on it?

thats what hes saying, some how ur vac line to ur brake booster got removed. if u stepped on ur brakes with a vac lines removed uve just broken ur booster. (or the person who replaced ur alt.)
either way ur booster is shot. u need to replace it. and u will be good.
(the booster increased pressure to ur brake pedal input, so with no booster u basically have manual brakes) BE CAREFUL BREAKING till u fix it, it will take u longer to stop with more effort on ur part.

damn…

well im gnna go try what he said in a minute then if that doesnt work then ill get a new booster.

and the braking, yea i kno. i was VERY careful last nite. i would start braking SSSSOOOO long before the light or traffic. thats how i lost my other car. there was a crazy leak in the line and you had to double pump the brakes before the would kick in…

ha ha! i drove my da for like 3 weeks on a bad master cylinder

i just checked it out and when i plugged the thing from the manifold the idle DROPPED to normal. and when i let it off it shot rite back up to 3500. i was listening and it was making a hissing sound when i put the hose back on it…

just a wild idea but think its a leak. im gnna post a video in a little while…

so how do i go about fixing this? can i wrap the hose in electrical tape?

fuckin hondas yo…

well long story short, the problem fixed itself and its all good…

just watch the video…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mq8j2HkZr0

i dont get it. i watched ur video and how did the problem fix itself?

thats the same problem my car has. when i start mine up for the first time of the day, it idles high and takes about a couple min to go back down but if i pump the brakes the rpm’s go up. sometimes my car will go from 2k down to 1k rapidly. i havent found the problem but im guessing its a messed up brake booster.

thats exactly what im trying to say. idk if you can hear it in the video but i was confused when i pressed on the brake and it was working. the intention of me recording the video in the first place was to show the brake problem. but because i drive a honda it decided to fix itself in the middle of the video…

thats what mine used to do. i would start it up and it would be at 2k then gradually drop to 1k then it would bounce between 750 and 1500. and i used to be able to rasie my rpms to 2k with just the brakes too…