camber kit help......

hey guys wusup names miguel, and im in the middle of a doubt here…
im lookin to get camber kits for the front and rear of my DA and at weak sauce they have a really good deal on buddyclub front and rear camber kit as a combo deal and im ready to purchase but my only problem is that they don’t have any for EF’s or DA’s …they only have EG/DC and EK…an was wondering if the camber for a EG/DC would fit on my DA…it might be a dumb question but how would i know if i don’t ask lol i mean I’ve have used some suspension parts from an EG before but never used any of the camber parts of an EG sooo…

thanks for any info…

I’ve heard of people swapping sides, but I wouldn’t do that. Just go with a set of Revo’s. They do what they’re advertised to do!

i have never heard of that brand before …are they good? like i dont want to buy then not work you kno what i mean …

Stay away from EF and EG/EC front kits if they are the full control arm. Any of the rear kits will fit. In my opinion, the best stuff currently available for the front is SPC adjustable balljoints. There are DA specific front kits made by Revo and Rhino (I think one is a knock off of the other), but everywhere that I have found reviews said that the balljoints either don’t hold up or at least the boots don’t and there can be slight clearance issues. Skunk2 still hasn’t made a kit that fits the DA properly (their current kit is an EF kit and is totally wrong on a DA). I would see if Buddyclub has any plans to make a DA kit (and beg them to).

are you sure about the skunk2 kit? I have heard its wrong for the EF cause they hit the fender but it fits just fine on the DA

Absolutely, I owned one for a few weeks and unfortunately ended up doing all of Skunk2’s product testing (without compensation and at the expense of some nasty wear on my tires). First of all, it will only correct 2 degrees of camber (not 3 as advertised). Secondly, it adds about that many degrees of caster (even more if you are as low as I was). I discussed my problems with Skunk2 and they finally admitted that it was designed on and for an EF and that they had done no testing on a DA prior to my complaints. They even put one on a DA and said that it obviously screwed up caster and that they would design another one that would have been out by this year… now they are saying they meant next year… Of course, I don’t believe they actually have any intentions of actually coming out with DA specific kit any time soon since they still advertise the other kit as fitting both a DA and EF. If you do research on fitting DA suspension on an EF, they actually describe the differences between the two and say not to swap front upper control arms because it will change caster and camber, so the same obviously applies to EF arms on a DA.

i want to get a set of front camber kit and acctually be satisfied with…or you guys think im better of with redoing the front end with energy bushins? im a a noob on that part yo know but i want it to be done right =]

ES bushings are good as long as you can deal with a little squeak here and there. if you dont want the squeak then i say stick with OEM rubber.

thats an interesting piece on the Skunk2 camber kit. if i am not correcting more than 2 degrees camber then do you think i would be alright running it, or should i look in another direction? if so, what company’s camber kit will work well?

What I’ve been running is Prothane bushings (basically identical to Energy Suspension) with SPC camber kits for like 3-4 years now (can correct 3 deg in the front and 5 in the rear). Take some shiny red paint and tell your friends they are skunk2’s (biggest difference is that they will actually fit the car and do what they are supposed to). Only thing about the SPC’s that people don’t like is the fact that they have a big bolt on the top that reduces clearance with the upper arm and the fender, but then again, if you aren’t totally slammed that shouldn’t be an issue. If some company actually came out with a quality full arm, it would still only gain a maximum of about 1/2 inch of extra clearance with the fenderwell (only way to properly solve that issue is with some modifications to the body).

well my car is not slammed an will only be slammed depending on the offset of the wheels i choose as of now i will be runnin 0 offset xxr’s so i really wont slamm my car to the ground plus my town has plenty of bad roads that makes u think twice bout slammin your car lol…

… i so far got ASR subframe brace an 24mm ASR sway bar …function and form LCA’s(still waiting for them)…and function and form type 2’s(should be ordered by this weekend)…i want to get good camber kits for both front and back and have an awsome handling car for both daily an track situation( until i get enough funds to get me another daily)

thanx for all the good info i so far recieved from you guys