X

brake light flashing problem

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake light flashing problem

Well guys my db2 for some reason under hard acceleration the brake light comes on in the dash... anyone know why this would happen?? i have done a fair amount of research...cant really figure it out... the abs light is always on but i dont know why the other one would come on...like the ebrake is pulled

Got enough brake fluid? Bullet connectors to reservoir cap make good contact?

Comment

Originally posted by scratchymaster View Post
      Got enough brake fluid? Bullet connectors to reservoir cap make good contact?
      Yup +1 on low brake fluid.. same thing happened to me.

Comment

This happened here to my Honda Element for the longest time. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Then one day about a week and 1/2 later, I stopped for fuel and to check my motor oil. Than take a glance (look) over to the Brake level, noticed that I was at 1/4 full. I had no brake fade, and was still able to stop anytime at this level. I then drove to the dealer (Hohen Acura of Carlsbad, California) and purchased a new bottle of brake fluid. All is good now - no more ''brake light" on. Damn computer knows everything. On the way home, I was thinking and telling myself, if I only got into a accident, that I could already have a new SC Element. That would have been really cool, I love the new car smell.

Comment

oh its low like half full how stupid of me... i shoulda known this but again it never seems to be low ha... why would it be low something leaking somewere?

Comment

Originally posted by 2_slow View Post
            oh its low like half full how stupid of me... i shoulda known this but again it never seems to be low ha... why would it be low something leaking somewere?
            In time the fluid evaporates lilttle by little I suppose? But yeah.. when I first got that problem.. I felt dumb when my friend told me what was wrong.. sometimes simple things just crosses your mind lol.

Comment

if i am correct, as your brake pads wear more fluid stays in the line. My light was flashing so i topped it off and about a week later my brake pads started squealing. So i put new pads on and when we pushed the piston in the caliper back in, all the brake fluid i put in to top it off came out of the master cylinder. haha genius.

Comment

Working...
              X