Stupid camber issues

So yesterday I went to try and get my alignment done. They said there was nothing to adjust because my camber kits are maxed out yet I still have negative camber. As far as I know my car was only lowered about 2 maybe 2.5 inches. I have blue Tokico shocks and lowering springs, no name (possible ebay) camber kits, and I think that is all that was done to the suspension so far. Here are pics of my setup too and I will add one of how bad the camber is when I get the chance today. My question is what can I add or change to keep the current ride height but get rid of the negative camber that is tearing up my tires and making it pull like a mofo to the right.

did they tell you how off your camber was .

[QUOTE=sbart385;2059944] My question is what can I add or change to keep the current ride height but get rid of the negative camber that is tearing up my tires and making it pull like a mofo to the right.
[/QUOTE]

The “making it pull like a mofo to the right” is from your toe being off not from your camber. Toe eats up your tires like crazy.

Depending on how lowered you are and what type of camber kits you get… you can’t always get your camber back to zero. 1 or 2 degrees negative camber is good for handling anyways so you shouldn’t worry much about that.

Just go back to the alignment place and have them put your toe back to zero and you won’t have to worry about your tires being chewed up.

Also from the looks of your camber arms… those are the Rhino arms correct? If I’m not mistaken… those arms tend to hit the underside of the fender making your suspension not fully sit correctly flushed… that might be throwing your suspenion geometry off as well.

To remedy that… you either sand the sides of the arm off or just bang the underside inward until the arm clears… up to you but make sure to see if the arms are hitting the fenders first before you attemp to sand or bang lol good luck.

No. All they told me is they couldnt do anything cuz my kit was maxed.

[QUOTE=hybrid90;2060052]The “making it pull like a mofo to the right” is from your toe being off not from your camber. Toe eats up your tires like crazy.

Depending on how lowered you are and what type of camber kits you get… you can’t always get your camber back to zero. 1 or 2 degrees negative camber is good for handling anyways so you shouldn’t worry much about that.

Just go back to the alignment place and have them put your toe back to zero and you won’t have to worry about your tires being chewed up.

Also from the looks of your camber arms… those are the Rhino arms correct? If I’m not mistaken… those arms tend to hit the underside of the fender making your suspension not fully sit correctly flushed… that might be throwing your suspenion geometry off as well.

To remedy that… you either sand the sides of the arm off or just bang the underside inward until the arm clears… up to you but make sure to see if the arms are hitting the fenders first before you attemp to sand or bang lol good luck.[/QUOTE]
I have no clue what brand the arms are. They came in a box with the car. Not sure where you are saying to sand or bang on the control arm. I havent checked to see if its hitting the fender but it doesnt sound or feel like it does when driving.
So toe if its off will wear the inside edge of the tire? I thought that was because of the camber.

first hybrid90 is the man to come to when dealing with the suspension he has had all these problems before and yes the toe being off causes alot more wear then your camber does.

lol im kinda a dumbass when it comes to suspension. I went out and looked and im guessing my camber is only off by -2 or -3 degrees. the guy at the alignment shop said that the pulling was cuz of my camber but he was the guy moving cars in and out and not the person actually working on cars so I dont know why I believed him. I am going tomorrow to try to get a couple new tires since one of my front ones wore all the way through and after I get my spare rims sold I will go have them adjust the toe and whatever they actually can adjust and say screw the camber

More than likely Hybrid90 is correct about your situation. Your camber being off isn’t going to cause that pulling you’re experiencing. And toe will effect tire wear MUCH more than camber, a combination of the two is even worse.

Don’t try to eyeball your camber unless you’re familiar w/ it. The angle of your pic doesn’t help us see how much neg camber you have, but that drop isn’t too extreme. Assuming your kit does make some adjustment then I really don’t see you having 3deg. Maybe 2deg.

Don’t go back to that alignment shop, they are worthless. Go to a reputable place. The guy should have told you how far off your alignment was. Never leave an alignment shop w/o getting a print of what your settings are/were before and after.

i dont want to thread jack but i’m in the same situation…i got progress front camber kit but yet i got -4 degrees camber all the way around…no pulling to any side but the inside of the tires are getting chewed the fuck up!!
got to get a second set yesterday!

Here maybe these will give you a better idea.

The angle from holding the camera is a little off but you still get the idea.

With it pulling to only one side and only one wheel being chewed up that is definitly a toe issue or possibly a bent part on one side. If they both are getting chewed up then it is a toe issue first, then it could be something bent, then more then a likely cheap ass tires.

1. Tell the place you get your aligment done at that you want a print out of the specs. (If they cant do that then go elsewhere)

2. Tell them to set the toe to “ZERO”, not set to honda spec, but “ZERO” the toe.(they will more then likely tell you cant warranty the job, but your tires will last much longer)

3. Get some tires that are designed with road racing in mind. Not full out r-comp tires but you get the picture. That have stiffer sidewalls to compensate for tire roll and also increases in “camber”, which is a neccesity when it comes to road racing. Not some shitty ass $30 a tire all-seasons…

I have been daily driving on some rt-615’s for the last year and a half everyday, never been rotated, driven very aggressively, almost 20k miles and they have very very MINIMAL camber wear and for the most part woren evenly across the contact patch. Still have another 3-4k miles left in them. Oh and I am a little over newport pack of smokes off the ground. These tires have a rated lifespan of only 12-15k miles and mine are going to make it to 25k.

[QUOTE=integ-four;2060247]i dont want to thread jack but i’m in the same situation…i got progress front camber kit but yet i got -4 degrees camber all the way around…no pulling to any side but the inside of the tires are getting chewed the fuck up!!
got to get a second set yesterday![/QUOTE]

More info please.

• which progress camber kit?
  • how much camber does it correct for?
  • is it adjusted to it’s max?
  • how low is the car?

What you’re saying just doesn’t add up. -4deg is a LOT of camber. You’d have to be very low to achieve that much camber. I was just messing around with my ride height last night, put the front so it was tucking about 0.5" of tire in the front (195-55-15 Star Spec z1). At that height I had probably -4deg of camber - BUT - I’m also running the Vision upper control arms which actually ADD negative camber.

sbar385, camber doesn’t look bad in those pics, but as always it can still be hard to tell. Listen to Japanjay’s comment above. Similarly I put around 20-30k on my old bridgestones with close to -2deg of camber in the front. The inside wore out faster than the rest of the tire but by the time the tread was gone on the inside the rest of the tread was down past the wear bars anyway. And that was mostly freeway driving. Aggressive driving (cornering) will help alleviate wear due to camber)

[QUOTE=integ-four;2060247]i dont want to thread jack but i’m in the same situation…i got progress front camber kit but yet i got -4 degrees camber all the way around…no pulling to any side but the inside of the tires are getting chewed the fuck up!!
got to get a second set yesterday![/QUOTE]

Toe doesn’t always cause you to pull left or right… you can still drive straight for example if both your tires are toe-d out or in, you will feel a slight vibration on takeoff though and that my friend will wear your tires out significantly.

sbart385 - as colin said… your camber doesn’t look to much off but it looks like you are toe-d out. Listen to Colin’s suggestion and bring your car to another alignment shop and have them set your toe to zero. After that, get yourself a nice set of tires and you’ll see less wear…

hondattic - got your alignment/suspension shit fixed yet Mr. “I Got Tons Of Suspension Problems” LOL :smiley:

[QUOTE=hybrid90;2060299]Toe doesn’t always cause you to pull left or right… you can still drive straight for example if both your tires are toe-d out or in, you will feel a slight vibration on takeoff though and that my friend will wear your tires out significantly.

sbart385 - as colin said… your camber doesn’t look to much off but it looks like you are toe-d out. Listen to Colin’s suggestion and bring your car to another alignment shop and have them set your toe to zero. After that, get yourself a nice set of tires and you’ll see less wear…[/QUOTE]

I think you meant, get new tires THEN an alignment

haha pretty much since one of my front tires is flat…

Thanks everyone for the info. It is a great help. I am going to go try and get some tires today and then start searching for a better place to get my alignment done at.

yea i got it straightened out im keeping the camber as is in the future ill get a camber kit but yea i may have exaggerated a little bit not tryin to thread jack.

I have the same issue with the Skunk2, mine are maxed and I still have 2 degrees.

What does it look like installed?
Where can I find pictures of it installed?
Can you let me and us know?
I am interested here.
Tanks…

[QUOTE=prior8t2000;2062548]What does it look like installed?
Where can I find pictures of it installed?
Can you let me and us know?
I am interested here.
Tanks…[/QUOTE]

prior8t2000 - look at the OP’s first post… the second pic shows the camber arm installed on his teg…

OminousG2 - you should be fine just as long as your toe is set at zero. A lil camber is good for handling and cornering…

I’m not concerned, just had it aligned. I’m not even that low, so I don’t know what the slammed guys are using.