Adjustable Roll Centers

Does anyone know of a company making a roll center adjuster for the DA?
I know of js racing but their kit is meant for the DC. I looked up the part numbers between the Da and DC ball joints and they dont match. Could anyone shed some light on the size difference between the two? I figure if I cant find a set meant for the DA I could have my knuckles machined to accept the parts meant for a DC.

I read through this post and it’s sorta confusing. Looks like it will fit DA’s and US spec EF’s (ED) but not JDM EF’s :shrug:

I’d call up MFactory and talk to someone there, I’m sure someone onsite would be more than willing to talk with you and they probably have had tons of requests by now so they should know the answer.

Thanks for the link colin, il give em a ring. But i guess i could always go the easy way and use a thicker swaybar.

I haven’t fully read up on roll centers, but if this topic is like every other suspension topic. Each component and issue needs to be addressed on it’s own. Sometimes you’ll get an effect from two different parts, but that doesn’t mean they are the exact same effect or that they don’t each have different other effects.

A larger sway bar may also help with body roll, but they’ll do it differently. Plus the roll center adjusters will change the actual geometry which will yield other effects. Such as the turn in one guy mentioned in that thread.

I’d never looked into roll center adjusters but I’m quite intrigued, I would love to try 'em out!

Yeah same here I would much rather try the rca since that addresses the actual issue instead of the band aid way. I might be able to get a hold of the da and dc ball joints to measure them up and get a better idea of what I` m getting myself into. Il keep you posted.

Oh an idea just popped up, I think iv heard of guys using different knuckles. I’m gona go look that up. Sounds a little crazy though…

Im looking at the pictures now and thinking…the knuckle is not going withstand the force apllied the way it will be. Im no mechanical engineer but that just does not look safe for track abuse.

Hmmm… I like this idea! :rockon:
DA: 51220-SK7-013
DC: 51220-S04-003
EG: 51220-S04-003
EF: 51220-SK7-013

I think we might be good to go!

abs-lsd, what exactly are you referring to?

mrpenny, I’d still give MFactory a call to confirm, that fact that part numbers are different between ef/da and eg/dc still makes me wonder if there is a difference in diameter or something.

Well I have this theory about the first five numbers and how that is what signifies the actual part number, the rest just shows what car it’s attached to. I just asked Randy at Hondapartsunlimited so we’ll see what he says

Yeah, the 3 middle digits are usually for the car, but there are some other numbers that go there sometimes for more generic parts. I think though that the last 3 digits can also represent differences in a part.

I asked if they worked for the DA9, check that H-T link :wink:

Ill be picking some up, and i just bought new LBJ’s.:mad:

I want some feedback if anyone tries these… before and after pics of suspension height and some before and after alignment specs would be awesome. If these do what they are supposed to, I will be definitely be getting some eventually.

this looks awesome im very interested. if you have coilovers there’s no problem. with shocks/springs however your car will lower a little.

Anybody try these things yet?

i have a set …but not installed yet …

you guys do realize that this raises the spindle thus rasing the a-arm. Depending on how low and camber kit you might have clearance issues

From what I understood, it would raise the spindle, which in turn decreases a-arm clearance and lowers the car more. However, if you have coilovers, you then just raise them up so that your car is the same height as it was before installing the roll center adjusters. So if it works correctly, it would not only change the geometry for better handling, but also add more strut travel (similar to using extended tophats).

I’m still confused as to how it does what it is supposed to do and unsure if it is going to change other suspension angles.

Colin - sorry for the mega late reply
I was talking about the part of the knuckle the ball joint is pressed into. I doubt its strong enough for that type of ball joint. A lot of hard road racers have some bad stuff to say about them so i duno…

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1993667

Did anyone ever try any of these?