weaird camber kit ?

can u put both styles of camber kit on the front ie controle arm and th controle arm bushing style camber kit sry for the dumb ? thanx im in a bind thanx for the help

WTF did u ask?

why would you want to do that? i don’t think that it would be productive to do so.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

ok i have the uper control arms ok its not giveing me enough im still wearing i was wondering if i use both if i could get it back to 0 or w/e its sposto b at

camber.jpg

camber 2.jpg

dont think it would clear the shock towers … i run 4 degrees up front and i wear pretty evenly

get an alignment … your toe is whats killing your tires … if you have lowered your car and havent got an alignment then your toe is way out, essentially dragging the inside edge of the tire along the ground.

i did but i guess it was a shity job

What are your camber and toe settings? And which camber kit are you using? Are you sure you’re getting the correct adjustment out of your kit? Do you know how much your kit is allowing you to correct for? Most kits should adjust for up to around -3deg, and if that’s not enough then there are probably other issues you need to attend to.

Like the others said, wear is going to be primarily due to bad toe settings. You can run a decent amount of camber (up to around -2deg) without seeing really any added wear at all. Driving style also has a considerable amount to do with how your tires will wear.

Now, with that said, you might be able to use both, but as the others mentioned I imagine you’ll run into clearance issues. Often people run into clearance issues running only one type of kit.

they didnt give me a print out so i couldent tell ya but thanx for the help ill c what i can do thank you guys

Never go back to that shop. Don’t ever go to an alignment shop that does not supply you with before and after alignment readings.

I use the Ingalls and SPC camber kits on the front so yes you can use both if you want.

I have the revo kit and one side maxed out, so I am running about 1.2 degrees. The myth that camber doesnt wear tires is b/s. When you reduce the contact area, you will see more wear. Maybe not as much as scrubbing from toe will give you, but it will wear your tires unevenly. Anything less than 1.5-2 degrees is neglible

thanx for the info guys im going to flip the tires tomarro for $20 and try the dubble camber kit and aa new alighnment

thanx for the info guys im going to flip the tires tomarro for $20 and try the dubble camber kit and aa new alighnment

No one said that camber doesn’t wear tires, but we are saying that it doesn’t have anywhere near the effect that toe does. People are simply saying what you just said.

You can run up to about -2 deg of negative camber and the amount of uneven wear is usually so little that it does not yield the need to replace tires much, if any, sooner than normal. The inside may be worn pretty much completely past the tread blocks but at that point the rest of the tire is going to be at or past the wear bars.

Driving style also has a lot to do with tire wear. The more aggressively you drive (cornering) the more negative camber you can run w/o increasing uneven tire wear.

True, I just hate when it gets brought up, but I don’t see how 4 degrees wont cause uneven wear like rallyrat mentioned. Why would you want that much camber anyways on the street?

bc ppl think it looks good

im running the skunk 2 a-arm kit and they are all the way out … im just low

Hi!

I also have a quoestion about camber kits. :slight_smile:

I have now this kind of kits:

but it is very difficult to adjust when the wheel and the part itself (upper control arm) is being installed in the vehicle. How do you adjust them without taking them out of the car , move the adjustment a bit and then put it back and check the situation again? At least in my car there is very little space between those “bushings” and inner plastic fender (I don´t know what it is in english, maybe some splash guard). I hear some knocking all the time when I turn the wheels while driving slowly, and I´m quite sure that the other bushings hits the splash guard or something, or one of those bushings has loosened and it makes the noise. Does anyone have similar problems, noises from the adjustment bushings? Adjustments with these are good and they have big range in adjustments, that´s the best part in this. :slight_smile: But that sound and shitty adjustment job has made me thinking moving to ball joint adjustable kit…

Do you use a lot of this kind of bushing kits in america? Or what do people think about those kits there?

This kind of kit:

would be easier to adjust or what do you think? It can be installed in the vehicle and if you have to make adjustments, ball joint is in a very “free” place to make adjustments. Damn, why did I buy that “bushing type” camber kits… :frowning:

Yea that one of the reasons why I went with the revo kit myself. It is very easy to adjust;however, it doesn’t have the largest range of adjustment. I agree the anchor type look like they are somewhat hard to adjust; although, I have never tried them myself.

the Ingalls (anchor type) is meant to be adjusted from under the car, as in when the car is on an alignment rack and thus very easy to reach. the issue i had with those is that they move individualy and are a pain in the ass to get acurate. but on the flip side they are good to have if you have adjustable radius rods because you can dial in the caster angle for your needs or wants.

the ball joint (SPC) is a far better design and can easily be adjusted from the top of the tire. or if your ride height does not allow you to reach your hands between the fender and tire you can always cut out the towers.

the revo (ball joint w/4 bolts) is popular for some reason. but i have installed many of them and when it come time for the alignment they always seem to max out on one side and still have negative camber. for people that want to lower thier cars and maintain factory alignment its hit and miss depending on how low they go.

no matter what kit or kits you use, nothing will make a differance unless you get a reputable alignment from a tech that knows what he or she is doing. there is nothing worse than when i hear someone saying they cant do an alignment because there is no camber adjustment. there are at least four companies that make alignment kits for DA/DB’s so there is no reason why it cant be done.