Tokico illumina adjustment question

Just picked up a set of used illumina’s. None are blown as I had the springs off and pushed on them to check. Thing is 2 of them the adjuster just keeps spinning instead of only going the 5 clicks. They seem to be stuck on the softest setting. Anyone else have or had this problem?

The previous owner probably didn’t have the adjustment knobs in right… either that or he broke it.

Just take one that’s working in put it in the shock and adjust it… that’s what I did.

With the knobs (comes in 2 piece) off, if you look into the shock… you will see a tab like thing… slip the outer adjustment ring inside the shock with the opening slit ontop of the tab… then slip the adjustment prong with numbers on it into the adjustment ring… then adjust from there… hope I didn’t confuse you.

Basically you can take off those adjustment knobs… look inside the shock head and you’ll understand how it all fits in there…

Btw… best setting for those Illuminas are stiffest front and softest rear…

He didn’t have the knob. I have to use a screw driver down in the top to turn the little tab that the knob goes on. 2 of them go five clicks and stop, the other 2 just keep spinning around and don’t seem to change the settings. maybe the adj rod is broke inside, thats why they keep spinning around and don’t change the setting.

Actually mine clicks all the way from 1 through 5 and goes pass 5 to 1 again. It doesn’t stop at 5. You can spin it all the way through.

How do you know the settings didn’t change? I can tell if mine changed. Turn it to 1… then push the shock down… you see that it’s easy to push down… then turn to 5 setting and it should be rather hard to push down…

Try that and see if you get the same results as I did…

I did. Keep turning them and they don’t seem to stiffin up. The other one def do though. they aren’t blow either.

Hmm maybe you can get them fixed from the manufacturer… or just use those two in the rear… don’t know what else to tell you bro…

I believe they are different part numbers for the front left/right and the rears. the rears have the split fork on the bottom of them to go around the lower control arm and the fronts just end and fit into the bottom forks so you can’t swap them around. Im sure if I sent them back it would cost just as much as just buying them brand new. Thanks for the replies though.