Uneven brake pad wear WTF?

Was replacing the lower bj and noticed my right brake pads are completely worn so I went to check on the left pads and they are new! WTF?

The sliders on both side work, the pistons on both side can be pushed in… so I’m guessing my calipers are seized? How do I test this by the way?

Another question is… can a failed master brake cylinder have anything to do with the uneven pad wear? Come to think of it… which side is the culprit? The pads that are worn down or the pads that look like new? When calipers seized up… do they seize in the open or closed position?

they can seize in open or closed position.

Thanks!

Would you know if a failed Master Brake Cylinder would affect how the calipers react? Maybe I’m not geting enough pressure to one side?

they would all not get enough pressure not only one. so it is your caliper.

Cool thanks! I’m going to check the calipers this weekend. Man my car is beginning to be a pain… always something coming up after fixing another thing sigh oh well…

had this happen on my civic calipers, front and rear. it was the sliders, seizing up, thus only one side of the caliper was actually moving towards the rotor. and btw, our cars only have single piston calipers stock. i assume thats what you have…