Weird problem with brakes need help fast! (Searched)

Hey guys my 92 teg is acting up upon braking. It has 166k miles on it and less then 6 months ago I replaced all rotors and pads in front and back, rear calipers are new and the axles are also new. The problem is that when I’m goin let’s say 40mph and I try to brake the cars slows down but the pedal looses pressure gradully till it can’t go down and I try to give It the slightest push the wheels lock up right away. It does this 50 percent of the time. One day it would be slushy the next day it would be like brand new and firm. But if I go fast and I mash the brakes the pedal stays nice and firm. I tried doing the test where u press on the brake and u shut the car off and the pedal does go down and if the car is off and I turn it on with the pedal pressed the pedal does go up. It is really weird and kinda dangeerous in a lot of traffic cuz I don’t know when the car is actually gonna stop. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks guys

It’s your master brake cylinder dude… change that shit asap before it gets worse and soon you’ll lose your brakes completely.

Get a remanufactured one from Kragen, they have lifetime warranty on it so you’re good to go. It’s like $25 with core change.

Don’t forget to bench bleed the new MBC when you replace it… good luck and don’t drive your car anymore till you change that fcuked up mbc unless you like kissing another car’s ass…

I wouldn’t EVER buy a Kragen master cylinder. No way, no how man. That thing is guaranteed fail, that’s why they have a lifetime warranty. I have a friend that works there, and I’ve heard some stories.

Yeah I hear where you’re coming from… some parts you can buy at local auto stores and some parts you stay the fcuk away… in my case… the MBC I got was a reman Nissin one… aren’t those oem’s to began with? They just bore it out and replace with new gaskets and such… it’s been fine so far.

OP - it’s really up to you… you can spend a lil more and get oem or if money is tight and you have no problems working with the brake system, go with Kragen remans or new… my cousin uses Kragen remans and its’ been running fine for two years…

Ye I figured it was the mbc. What do u guys think about a cardone brand mbc? Are they hard to replace and how do u flush all the brake fluid out? Thanks for the help by the way guys you are awesome.

You don’t have a Haynes Manual? Kragens remans or new should be fine… if you’re worried, just buy the new ones, it’s like 10 dollars more. Cardone ones are fine, that’s what my cousin has.

Replacing them is not that hard… but there are some points where you would have to watch out for or else you’ll end up ruining the new MBC.

If you have never bleed your brakes or ever worked on any parts of your brake system then you should get someone who is more mechanically inclined to change the MBC for you and also bleed your brakes.

Working on any parts of the braking system is serious business so make sure you know what you’re doing…