PAD suggestions and Qs

So I’ve been looking up these two pads and it seems both have some good reputations behind them.

I’m torn between either The HAWK HPS or AXXIS Ultimates. I plan on swapping my rotors with some brembo blanks but I can’t really decide which pads to coincide it with. I do hard driving once in a great while but primarily I do alot of commuting.

Which one would be a good practical street pad for a daily commute? I don’t mind cost…something that has a good clamp and is virtually dust/noise free is a big plus.

thanks for the help guys!

side note: bleeding brakes as well…I know honda cars require the user to bleed brakes in a X-cross manner…right? What’s the correct procedure again, please enlighten me. I bled the brakes starting from the far end of the MBC but my brakes were still sinking.

[QUOTE=shocker85;2048581]
side note: bleeding brakes as well…I know honda cars require the user to bleed brakes in a X-cross manner…right? What’s the correct procedure again, please enlighten me. I bled the brakes starting from the far end of the MBC but my brakes were still sinking.[/QUOTE]

Brake bleeding sequence is RR, LF, LR, RF, that’s from sitting in the driver seat point of view.

Don’t know if you did this or not but when you bleed your brakes… you’re not supposed to press the pedal to the floor… that can damage your MBC. You’re supposed to leave a 2x4 underneath the pedal…

i have been contemplating the same thing and I have done some research on here and another integra site, who by the way is running a special on these here pads $77.00 shipped, and this is what I have come up with. Axxis ultimates are probably going to be a little bit dustier than the HPS. For me cost is a factor and so tomorrow im going to be ordering the Axiss ultimates simply cause its cheaper than what I can get the Hawk’s for. this is the statement from a representative of propartsUSA.com who is selling me the Axxis pads

" Axxis Ultimates are a high performance street pad that will dust a lot depending on car. They have great bite when warm and have a relatively high fade resistance for a street pad."

I hope that helps you

I think you’re comparing the wrong pads. You should be comparing the HP Plus with the Axxis Ultimates. The HPS are a lesser pad when compared to either of those others.

I’ve used Axxis Ultimates on my old street car which I also took to the track. I have zero complaints about these pads. They do dust a good amount, but if you’re looking for performance and price that’s not a big deal IMO. Initial “bite” is very strong, and some people don’t like that feeling, it’s too touchy for them. Especially when combined w/ a 1" MC and no abs. I personally liked how they felt.

I’ve also used the HP+ pads on our LeMons car. A little less “bite” or touchiness than the Ultimates and a bit less dust as well. But a great pad.

Hard for me to pick a favorite since I haven’t put them side by side in the same driving conditions. But I wouldn’t hesitate to run either.

The HPS is a performance street pad. The HP+ and Ultimates are performance street/track/autox pads.

i have hps with brembo blanks at all 4 corners and for the street its a very nice setup. bites better then oem but is in no way undrivable for the street.

My HPS dust a lot. It takes me only like 300mi to coat the front rims with dust.

these are some great responses.

Brake bleeding sequence is RR, LF, LR, RF, that’s from sitting in the driver seat point of view.

Don’t know if you did this or not but when you bleed your brakes… you’re not supposed to press the pedal to the floor… that can damage your MBC. You’re supposed to leave a 2x4 underneath the pedal…

I actually did NOT know that. Will most definitely look into re-bleeding the ‘proper’ way.

The axxis seems like the bang for the buck. I guess the dust is something I shouldn’t mind too much. I like the idea behind how it has a hard bite and a good fade resistance.

haha its true. 5-10 min and the wheels are dusted up.

I have the Axxis Ultimates on my car. They do dust very bad and seemed to wear really fast, too. I’m not buying them again. My brother put Axxis Metal Masters on his and they don’t dust as much and actually seem to have a better bite than my Ultimates.

My ultimates lasted 10’s of thousands of miles and many years…

The metal masters are definitely a worse pad, your experience sounds strange, maybe different cars and different braking systems? Is his car a Honda as well?

Did you use the proper bedding procedure?

I think I have around 20k on mine and the rears need replacing and the fronts are not too far behind. My brother’s car is an 89 Integra… very similar brake setup and completely different experience with the Metal Masters than I had with the Ultimates. I believe the Metal Masters have more metal and the Ultimates have more ceramic… probably how they are used makes more of a difference as to what is better (both of ours were just daily drivers… aggressive at times but not running laps on a track or autox or anything). I’m putting AEM on the front and OEM on the back (both made by Nissin) when I change them in the next couple of weeks.

how about EBC pads? Do any of you guys have any experiences with them…?