Steering wheel shaking at 60mph only

So I got my front camber kit put on finally and did an allignment. Also I guess I needed a new ball joint and tie rod on my driver side front wheel.

Anyway, anytime I’m within 2 or 3 miles of 60mph the steering wheel begins to shake. Not too bad but it shouldn’t shake, as soon as I’m below 58ish or above 62ish it stops.

What could it be? Could it be related to anything that I just had done which I mentioned above?

Thanks,
-C

Sounds like a wheel might be out of ballance.

:iagree: And replace that ball joint. Suspension is a bitch. I feel like everytime I fix one problem another one comes up. :slight_smile:

The ball joint and tie rod were replaced at the time of allignment.

Alright I’ll check on that balance of the tire.

Thanks.

i agree with BLKACK1. almost 100% of shaking that is around 55-65 mph is wheel balance issues. especially if it disappears as u go faster or slower than those speeds.

Or, if the wheels arent stock you might want to look into some Hubcentric rings. Some aftermarket wheels being bigger centers than the hub of the car can cause vibration issues. I think I am having that issue right now with my volks on my integra, i plan to buy some hubcentric rings just to see since alot of people reccomend it. Theyre only like $20 for a set too, so not really a big loss if they dont solve it, and a very cheap fix if they do.

i didn’t think u’d need something like that for volks… considering they are high quality wheels.

Check your struts. Whenever you hit a bump or go over a curb see if you feel a vibration like your suspension is loose, if so change them cause i am having the same problem. Whenever i hit 57 mph my car shakes bad. My dad is having the same issue with his 3000gt and said that it probabaly is the struts cause your wheels will “bounce” causing an imbalance in the suspension and that will cause the shaking when you are driving down the road but it will only happen at that mph.