drivers side wheel wobbles, help!

was driving along and all of the sudden my front drivers side wheel started to shake when there is weight on it, like when slowing down or going down a hill.
when there is weight off of it, like when i accelerate. it stops.
is this the wheel bearing or is something just loose, or something completely illogical?

have u even tried inspecting the suspension parts? axles? wheels and tires?

when it started i jacked up the side that it was coming from, removed the wheel and looked around, i couldnt see anything worn, and couldnt wiggle anything with my elbow grease.
i could also hear the brake rotor making contact with the pads whenever it would wobble, leading me to think it was the wheel bearing, since the caliper seems to not be moving with the wobble, excluding any of the arms or steering components.

the rate of wobble is directly related to rate of speed and is obviously worse when slowing down, especially when on the brakes.

i suggest u do the wheel bearing shake test. with the wheels on, then with the front wheels off of the ground. to test the wheel bearings u shake at 3 & 9 o’clock for any play. that can kinda test the tie rod ends too. but… then test it at 12 & 6 for the ball joints.

also, test check ur strut rod bushings too.

… are u sure ur rotors aren’t just very warped? cuz u said it gets worst when u are braking. and that the pads are contacting the rotors when the wobbling is occurring. but also check to make sure that things are torqued down to spec. also make sure that the floating caliper does float. check to make sure that the caliper mounting bracket is torqued down too.

check that ur axle is good too. axle nut is torqued down to spec, make sure that the axle isn’t dislocated from its joints too.

I agree with sqeezethis on this one. if its realy pronounced durring braking, check those rotors

[QUOTE=Squeezethis;2039970]i suggest u do the wheel bearing shake test. with the wheels on, then with the front wheels off of the ground. to test the wheel bearings u shake at 3 & 9 o’clock for any play. that can kinda test the tie rod ends too. but… then test it at 12 & 6 for the ball joints.

also, test check ur strut rod bushings too.

… are u sure ur rotors aren’t just very warped? cuz u said it gets worst when u are braking. and that the pads are contacting the rotors when the wobbling is occurring. but also check to make sure that things are torqued down to spec. also make sure that the floating caliper does float. check to make sure that the caliper mounting bracket is torqued down too.

check that ur axle is good too. axle nut is torqued down to spec, make sure that the axle isn’t dislocated from its joints too.[/QUOTE]

it was actually two stripped lug studs that i totally missed when i took the wheel off, i feel like a moron ahah

lol… how the heck did u miss that? man… lol. its all good. at least u found it. u do know that some of us will not mention certain things cuz some just are clearly noticable when u inspect things.

but yeah, u probably caused some warpage on the rotors now… even a lil due to the wheels not being seated properly. so yea, inspect ur rotors (mic them) and if needed get them turned.

and lets not forget, replace the studs and lug nuts… and use a torque wrench!

[QUOTE=Squeezethis;2041036]lol… how the heck did u miss that? man… lol. its all good. at least u found it. u do know that some of us will not mention certain things cuz some just are clearly noticable when u inspect things.

but yeah, u probably caused some warpage on the rotors now… even a lil due to the wheels not being seated properly. so yea, inspect ur rotors (mic them) and if needed get them turned.

and lets not forget, replace the studs and lug nuts… and use a torque wrench![/QUOTE]

i figured that the air wrench that the guy at the tire shop used would have been enough.

apparently they didnt even notice. the weird part is that they were tight when i took the wheel off, when i actually looked i noticed that the lugs were stripped. i guess it was just one of those D’oh moments. lol thanks tho, ive been meaning to replace the rotors anyway/

[QUOTE=OMG Its Weasel;2041080]i figured that the air wrench that the guy at the tire shop used would have been enough.

apparently they didnt even notice. the weird part is that they were tight when i took the wheel off, when i actually looked i noticed that the lugs were stripped. i guess it was just one of those D’oh moments. lol thanks tho, ive been meaning to replace the rotors anyway/[/QUOTE]

an impact wrench can put TOO MUCH torque on them lug nuts. wow… that is basic stuff. whenever u put wheels on u should always use a torque wrench. and if u are lazy u can use a torque stick on an impact wrench, but technically the gun and the air pressure has to be calibrated.