Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC's Koni/Bilstien vs. Tokico version

Collapse
X

GC's Koni/Bilstien vs. Tokico version

Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    GC's Koni/Bilstien vs. Tokico version

    Well i'm planning to buy a pair of Bilstien sport front shocks to replace a blown Tokico Illumnia I have in the front. I have GC's on my car that came withmy car, i was wondering what is the difference between the koni/bilstien GC vs. the Tokico GC?

    If it makes a difference the shocks im getting are for a DC/EG.

    Thanks need to know ASAP. So i can buy the shocks.

    #2
    Originally posted by Anonymous User View Post
    Well i'm planning to buy a pair of Bilstien sport front shocks to replace a blown Tokico Illumnia I have in the front. I have GC's on my car that came withmy car, i was wondering what is the difference between the koni/bilstien GC vs. the Tokico GC?

    If it makes a difference the shocks im getting are for a DC/EG.

    Thanks need to know ASAP. So i can buy the shocks.
    are u planning on buying only 1 strut? cuz u should replace them in pairs. also some sleeves are somewhat made for certain struts from GC. it could fit, but if it does it might not fit as well.

    Comment


      #3
      they are a different size, thats why they sell gc's specifically for tokico or for koni .. if want to use the same coilovers with something other than tokico you have to get an adapter kit from ground control.

      on a side note ... i ran a gas charged damper for a while, and im way happier with my koni yellows

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by rallyrat427 View Post
        they are a different size, thats why they sell gc's specifically for tokico or for koni .. if want to use the same coilovers with something other than tokico you have to get an adapter kit from ground control.

        on a side note ... i ran a gas charged damper for a while, and im way happier with my koni yellows

        I'm planning to replace both front shocks.

        but if my current GC's wont fit, then i wont buy them. Since i dont want to spend too much money I'm only going to be using this temp. until i can buy some full coilovers.

        Comment


          #5
          illuminas and ground controls still outperform most full coilovers under 1000 dollars

          id just stick with the setup you have

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by rallyrat427 View Post
            illuminas and ground controls still outperform most full coilovers under 1000 dollars

            id just stick with the setup you have

            i suggest just replacing those front struts with tokicos again. curious do u track the car? cuz if not and just need some struts, then getting 2 front tokico blues can do fine, nothing high performance but they should hold u over. i'd get 2 illuminas if i were u tho.

            Comment


              #7
              No I dont track the car....just my daily driver. I do like to go to the hills sometimes tho..

              I guess ill just buy 2 more illumnias to replace the fronts and get some new GC or similiar sleeves. Since mine are messed up and stuff..

              Thanks for the help guys.

              Comment

              Working...
              X