Civic Wheel hub

Will a 88-91 civic wheel hub fit a da ? I went to the junkyard and all the hubs that found all had play in the hubs, is there an allowable amount of play ?

Nevermind ! I found out that is doesn’t the the hard way. It bolts right up no problem but when you go to put the brake caliper on you’ll see that the stock integra rotor is too big for it cause you can’t get the bolts to line up. So now I have this hub and the junkyard won’t exchange or take it back cause I didn’t buy the insurance. Dammit !!!

So I had to put the old one back on and back to the humming and shaking around 50mph on up. Axles have been replaced so thing only things left is the hub, wheel balancing, and strut. This is getting expensive ! Dammit again:mad: !!!

If you’re getting a humming sound it is not the hub but the bearing. Now if you ride on that bearing for a long time it will eventually burn up and eventualy seize on you. That my friend is when you will need a new hub.

:iagree:

get ur wheels properly balanced first. don’t just take it to some ghetto wheel shop, make sure they put it onto a wheel balancer that puts load on the tires.

and just fyi, the civic hub would’ve worked had u put civic caliper brackets, and probably civic rotors. u should’ve researched any and all of this b4 buying it.

People don’t respond right away here all the time. Aren’t civic rotors smaller ?
Yeah, I should’ve did reseach before I buoght them. I’ll just have to go down the hill to Miliken Pick a Part and get a hub.

[QUOTE=Daz;2039539]People don’t respond right away here all the time. Aren’t civic rotors smaller ?
Yeah, I should’ve did reseach before I buoght them. I’ll just have to go down the hill to Miliken Pick a Part and get a hub.[/QUOTE]

yea civic rotors are smaller (most). cuz i dunno if integra rotors would clear the civic hub with civic brakes. thats why if u went with complete civic parts, it would work.

Civic brake bracket won’t fit over Integra rotors(I know now) and I don’t think I want smaller brakes !

i know. but i was just throwing it out there. i would never recommend anybody put smaller brakes, but if they were piecing things together or something then i can understand that. but since u’d only have 1 civic hub assembly u’d have lots of issues.

but yea take care of that issue u have. u might wanna take it to a shop for them to diagnose it if u come up short.

Thanks Squeeze !

did you tighten down everything properly??!

My money is still on the wheel bearing. Also if you do change then I suggest you change them in pairs, because once one goes bad the other is soon to follow.

Yes, everything is tightened ! I will probably change them in pairs and get some balance on the wheels. I kinda waiting until my rims are finished(my friend is painting them). But the wheel hubs I’ll do soon ! Anyone have any idea how hard it is just to change the bearings in the hubs ?

How bad will a bad wheel bearing shake ? I got the wheel balanced and at 50-55 mph it still starts shaking ? I already replaced the axles but I think I might have to use my extra one(passenger side, the side thats shaking). I even swapped out struts with another one I had laying around.