Gs-r, only an engine?

Hey, I don’t know if this is the right place to post this but i couldn’t find anywhere else. I currently have a 92 ls and i’m about to buy a gs-r. Just looking around on the web it seems that the gs-r is just a better engine(b17a), and abs(and different seats). Does the gs-r have larger brakes or a better suspension? or anything else i may not know?

Lists most of the differences between each 90-93 model. GSR basically is just better engine and shorter geared transmission, different gauge cluster, has ABS (As does the GS) and the GSR has power locks (Cant remember if other 90-93’s do or not)

From what I know, thats the only real differences aside from it being a very rare car and only something like 2500 of them made, they’re rarer than 97-01 ITR’s for the most part.

and the best part is wen people say clean da, then u say its not a da its a db :rockon:

haha people always call my car a da or a da9… its like nope, db/db2 :wink: haha

http://www.hondanews.com/search/release/3018?q=lengthening&s=acura

^ If you haven’t read that yet or searched around on g2ic :slight_smile: there are a few noticeable changes only for the GS-R trim you might want to know. Basically the GS-R trim is fully optioned (alloy wheels, pl, pw, abs, etc.) and has:

• “vtec” on fender moldings
  • 3rd brake light is mounted on the spoiler
  • charcoal grey seats/door panals (leather as an option)
  • cluster (redlines at 8)
  • b17a1 1.7 liter Vtec Engine
  • only in 4 colors: Milano Red, Frost White, Aztec Green Pearl, and Black (Canada only)
  • painted moldings and front lip
  • DB2 instead of DA9 chassis code

Also, the hood has a fuzzy undercoat and the original radiator has an aluminum core. Makes it a little lighter and much more impervious to rust.

Geoff92 hahaha hell yea, then they ask whats a db or db2?
then you gotta explain to them, then there like ohhh cool :smiley:

[QUOTE=hayate;2035260]

• 3rd brake light is mounted on the spoiler[/QUOTE]

And this means that there are no holes in the hatch glass, nice and smoooooth :slight_smile:

except for that rear wiper hole :wink:

That is quite correct sir, I should have been more specific.

i’m speculating that the stock spring rates are different.

no center cross member either.
flywheel is lighter.

[QUOTE=hayate;2035260]^ If you haven’t read that yet or searched around on g2ic :slight_smile: there are a few noticeable changes only for the GS-R trim you might want to know. Basically the GS-R trim is fully optioned (alloy wheels, pl, pw, abs, etc.) and has:

• “vtec” on fender moldings
  • 3rd brake light is mounted on the spoiler
  • charcoal grey seats/door panals (leather as an option)
  • cluster (redlines at 8)
  • b17a1 1.7 liter Vtec Engine
  • only in 4 colors: Milano Red, Frost White, Aztec Green Pearl, and Black (Canada only)
  • painted moldings and front lip
  • DB2 instead of DA9 chassis code[/QUOTE]

So, the the GS-R’s have ALL of those options? Every time I read the differences I get confused with what I have. I’m still sticking with GS since I don’t have the third light in the spoiler. But I have power everything, Charcoal seats, white, painted front lip, ABS, alloy wheels. I have thin black stripes down both sides of it as well. shrug I’ve had the car for a couple of years, but I never really got into anything about it yet. Now that I found this place, I wanna start tinkering with shit. lol.

[QUOTE=icemanGSR;2035953]i’m speculating that the stock spring rates are different.

no center cross member either.
flywheel is lighter.[/QUOTE]
Can’t say about the springs, but you are definitely correct about the other two.

The GS trim can have every single option besides the LS-S seats and the changes that I’ve listed as GS-R only. I’m thinking your charcoal seats are different since the GS-R’s has thin red stripes. I think there’s an option where you can get the lip painted along with the side moldings but that’s about it since the others I’ve listed are found only on a GS-R. Yes, all GS-Rs have those options but some can come with leather seats and panels and the GS trim can have those as well. I forgot about the hood underliner that scratchymaster posted and it’s found only on the GS-R or the XSi in Japan. Pretty sure the springs rates are different but I’m not positive and what icemanGSR said is GS-R only as well.

This has been discussed often…
But I’ll throw this in.
The exhaust is supposed to be dual piped coming out of the exhaust, not just a single pipe splitting into two at the tips.