X

Gs-r, only an engine?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs-r, only an engine?

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but i couldn't find anywhere else. I currently have a 92 ls and i'm about to buy a gs-r. Just looking around on the web it seems that the gs-r is just a better engine(b17a), and abs(and different seats). Does the gs-r have larger brakes or a better suspension? or anything else i may not know?

Originally posted by simplyg23 View Post
    Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but i couldn't find anywhere else. I currently have a 92 ls and i'm about to buy a gs-r. Just looking around on the web it seems that the gs-r is just a better engine(b17a), and abs(and different seats). Does the gs-r have larger brakes or a better suspension? or anything else i may not know?

http://g2ic.com/specs.php

Lists most of the differences between each 90-93 model. GSR basically is just better engine and shorter geared transmission, different gauge cluster, has ABS (As does the GS) and the GSR has power locks (Cant remember if other 90-93's do or not)

From what I know, thats the only real differences aside from it being a very rare car and only something like 2500 of them made, they're rarer than 97-01 ITR's for the most part.

Comment

and the best part is wen people say clean da, then u say its not a da its a db

Comment

Originally posted by da'sda9 View Post
        and the best part is wen people say clean da, then u say its not a da its a db
        haha people always call my car a da or a da9.. its like nope, db/db2 haha

Comment

http://www.hondanews.com/search/rele...hening&s=acura

Comment

^ If you haven't read that yet or searched around on g2ic there are a few noticeable changes only for the GS-R trim you might want to know. Basically the GS-R trim is fully optioned (alloy wheels, pl, pw, abs, etc.) and has:

- "vtec" on fender moldings
            - 3rd brake light is mounted on the spoiler
            - charcoal grey seats/door panals (leather as an option)
            - cluster (redlines at 8)
            - b17a1 1.7 liter Vtec Engine
            - only in 4 colors: Milano Red, Frost White, Aztec Green Pearl, and Black (Canada only)
            - painted moldings and front lip
            - DB2 instead of DA9 chassis code

Comment

Also, the hood has a fuzzy undercoat and the original radiator has an aluminum core. Makes it a little lighter and much more impervious to rust.

Comment

Geoff92 hahaha hell yea, then they ask whats a db or db2?
                then you gotta explain to them, then there like ohhh cool

Comment

Originally posted by hayate View Post
                  And this means that there are no holes in the hatch glass, nice and smoooooth

Comment

except for that rear wiper hole

Comment

Originally posted by imcnblu View Post
                      except for that rear wiper hole
                      That is quite correct sir, I should have been more specific.

Comment

i'm speculating that the stock spring rates are different.

no center cross member either.
                        flywheel is lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by hayate View Post
                          ^ If you haven't read that yet or searched around on g2ic there are a few noticeable changes only for the GS-R trim you might want to know. Basically the GS-R trim is fully optioned (alloy wheels, pl, pw, abs, etc.) and has:

- "vtec" on fender moldings
                          - charcoal grey seats/door panals (leather as an option)
                          - cluster (redlines at 8)
                          - b17a1 1.7 liter Vtec Engine
                          - only in 4 colors: Milano Red, Frost White, Aztec Green Pearl, and Black (Canada only)
                          - painted moldings and front lip
                          - DB2 instead of DA9 chassis code
                          So, the the GS-R's have ALL of those options? Every time I read the differences I get confused with what I have. I'm still sticking with GS since I don't have the third light in the spoiler. But I have power everything, Charcoal seats, white, painted front lip, ABS, alloy wheels. I have thin black stripes down both sides of it as well. *shrug* I've had the car for a couple of years, but I never really got into anything about it yet. Now that I found this place, I wanna start tinkering with shit. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by icemanGSR View Post
                            i'm speculating that the stock spring rates are different.

no center cross member either.
                            flywheel is lighter.
                            Can't say about the springs, but you are definitely correct about the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyballjacker View Post
                              So, the the GS-R's have ALL of those options? Every time I read the differences I get confused with what I have. I'm still sticking with GS since I don't have the third light in the spoiler. But I have power everything, Charcoal seats, white, painted front lip, ABS, alloy wheels. I have thin black stripes down both sides of it as well. *shrug* I've had the car for a couple of years, but I never really got into anything about it yet. Now that I found this place, I wanna start tinkering with shit. lol.
                              The GS trim can have every single option besides the LS-S seats and the changes that I've listed as GS-R only. I'm thinking your charcoal seats are different since the GS-R's has thin red stripes. I think there's an option where you can get the lip painted along with the side moldings but that's about it since the others I've listed are found only on a GS-R. Yes, all GS-Rs have those options but some can come with leather seats and panels and the GS trim can have those as well. I forgot about the hood underliner that scratchymaster posted and it's found only on the GS-R or the XSi in Japan. Pretty sure the springs rates are different but I'm not positive and what icemanGSR said is GS-R only as well.

Comment

This has been discussed often...
                                But I'll throw this in.
                                The exhaust is supposed to be dual piped coming out of the exhaust, not just a single pipe splitting into two at the tips.

Comment

Working...
                                X