X

Tanabe EF Front Sway Bar fit DA?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanabe EF Front Sway Bar fit DA?

I know some of the EF stuff fits our DA's. And I was curious if the Tanabe 25.4mm front sway bar would fit (Part # TSB026). It's a tad bigger than the ST front sway bar which is 15/16" (23.8mm).

i personally dunno about the ef sway bars..... but why not just get a ST sway bar?

b4 all that tho.... do u track the car? and do u have new or upgraded sway bar bushings and endlinks?

Comment

Checked out a friends ef and it won't work. Yeah I think I'll just get ST. No I don't track the car. Bushings aren't upgraded yet, but when I do 5-lug (hopefully soon) it will all be redone.

Comment

well make sure u change them bushings too. cuz the stiffer st bar will eat those old bushings up further

Comment

What makes the EF Tanabe one not fit? It would be useful info to have posted.

I installed an ST EF front bar on my DA. It bolted right on, no issues whatsoever. It's the same shape/design as the DA bar but just a different diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            What makes the EF Tanabe one not fit? It would be useful info to have posted.

I installed an ST EF front bar on my DA. It bolted right on, no issues whatsoever. It's the same shape/design as the DA bar but just a different diameter.
            personally i'd like to know too. cuz even tho i have st sway bars already, sometimes cheap ef parts come up, and might as well pass the savings to other members too as well.

Comment

Ok well I personally didn't look at my friends ef. My friend that has the car checked it out, his brother has a da to compare too and he told me he looked at them both and said it was different. I guess I need to look for my self. Maybe he was just being lazy and bs'd me. I know someone else with and ef with the tanabe from sway bar. I need to get his # and see if I can meet up with him and check his car out instead. If I can get ahold of him and see his car I'll try to get a pic of the sway bar on the ef for reference.

Comment

whats the diameter of the tanabe ef sway bar?

Comment

"Different" doesn't always mean something won't fit... In this instance I could see the possibility of the Tanabe bar using a different endlink setup than stock and that could cause them to look different although fitment may not be.

Again, that's just an example, I have no idea what's going on in regard to this specific bar.

Comment

looking at these pics I'd say your right colin. he saw the endlinks and presumed that it wouldn't fit.

i think the orange one is more accurate.

Comment

i say...... try it....... and if it doesn't fit take it back. make sure u agree on a return policy if it doesn't fit BEFORE you buy it.

Comment

Did you ever try this bar? BTW, it's 25.4mm but hollow like our OEM bar.

Comment

Working...
                        X