Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

front lca's

Collapse
X

front lca's

Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    front lca's

    does anyone know if the ef front lower control arms are the same as the da's?? i know the upper control arms can be interchangeable, but what about the front lower control arms?? i was wondering because i figured if they do fit, it might be cheaper to get it at honda rather than going to an acura dealership....any help would be appreciated...thanks

    #2
    anyone?

    Comment


      #3
      Well, I would start off by questioning why you were wanting to buy a brand new control arm from the dealer, but to answer your question, no. The EF front upper control arms have a different location of the balljoint and will therefore screw up camber and caster. The EF front lower control arms are the same length, but the radius rod bolts are at a different angle, so they won't work either. The only EF parts worth using are struts/coilovers.

      Front UCA info:
      http://www.ef-honda.com/ben/EFhybridsus.php

      Front LCA info (4 posts down):
      http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.ph...a3090f48db6457

      Comment


        #4
        thanks for the info.....i found some used ones from a local jdm importer...

        i love you

        Comment


          #5
          why did you need jdm ones? junkyards around here are chock full of them for about 5 dollars each. i dont see the point of spending money on the exact same part just cuz it has japanese dirt caked on it?

          Comment


            #6
            i went that route because it was cheap and they will do the install...$120 cdn for all 4 with install....i cant complain.....thanks for your smartass comment.....

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by b16a92teg View Post
              i went that route because it was cheap and they will do the install...$120 cdn for all 4 with install....i cant complain.....thanks for your smartass comment.....


              u paid $120 cdn for all 4 with installation..... when u could've just gotten ES bushings to replace the ones in ur stock front lca's....... for even less.... and they would've been a better improvement. before u go calling ppl a loser.... take a look in the mirror u

              Comment


                #8
                hahahaha 120 f***ing dollars?? lol i think im gonna cry

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have to agree, if its not to late I would reconsider that purchase. for that price you can get a ES master bushing kit and replace every bushing in the car

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
                    I have to agree, if its not to late I would reconsider that purchase. for that price you can get a ES master bushing kit and replace every bushing in the car

                    Comment


                      #11
                      es was my first option....but after reading alot of info on people that actually used es bushings i would rather opt the oem replacements...even if they are used but in excellent condition.....i did my research and have spoken to and seen people who have first hand experience with es.....

                      btw.. es master bushing set cost $200 + here in toronto and install of these bushings would probably rape me up the butt since i dont have the tools and know-how to even perform this myself.....my car is a daily driver and needs to be on the road 24/7 so down time for me is a no no....so again....if i went through the es bushing way....i would spend about $230 tax in for the bushings itself plus labor to put it in....and i was quoted anywhere from $150-$175 depending on how hard they are to take off....so in total....i was looking at $380 - $405.....so is my $120 option a good one for me....i think it was....

                      also, the only bushings that are really bad in my car are the 4 lower control arm bushings anyway.....why would i need to replace everything?? why fix something that's not broken?? and why spend so much money on a 17 year old car....sorry, i just cant justify that....

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by b16a92teg View Post
                        es was my first option....but after reading alot of info on people that actually used es bushings i would rather opt the oem replacements...even if they are used but in excellent condition.....i did my research and have spoken to and seen people who have first hand experience with es.....

                        btw.. es master bushing set cost $200 + here in toronto and install of these bushings would probably rape me up the butt since i dont have the tools and know-how to even perform this myself.....my car is a daily driver and needs to be on the road 24/7 so down time for me is a no no....so again....if i went through the es bushing way....i would spend about $230 tax in for the bushings itself plus labor to put it in....and i was quoted anywhere from $150-$175 depending on how hard they are to take off....so in total....i was looking at $380 - $405.....so is my $120 option a good one for me....i think it was....

                        also, the only bushings that are really bad in my car are the 4 lower control arm bushings anyway.....why would i need to replace everything?? why fix something that's not broken?? and why spend so much money on a 17 year old car....sorry, i just cant justify that....
                        well that sucks, so u couldn't save on labor. but honestly, the master kit can be found around for cheaper usually. the reason we say to replace them all is..... just cuz u noticed only the lca bushings being torn, doesn't mean the others don't need it. u prolly have torn tie rod ends, ball joints, sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, trailing arm bushings, etc. spending that money, seriously would make ur car feel and handle like new again (depending on ur springs' and struts' conditions). but still. its a great investment, its not just an opinion, its a fact.

                        and u ask why spend so much money on a 17 year old car....... are u serious? just spending that much money on a ES master kit, even with installation, is CHEAPER than what ppl pay just on registration for a new car EVERY YEAR! u don't have high insurance rates usually can't unless ur driving record sucks, u don't have payments to make on the car. changing all those bushings is something that u'd only have to do one time, cuz it should last longer than u opt to keep it.

                        but i do understand that u need ur car 24/7 and all with lil to no down time. but as a recommendation, since u do need ur car 24/7 and all, i suggest that u get it replaced as soon as u find a few days that u don't need ur da. its an investment that u'll feel and enjoy, and be satisfied with.

                        or maybe consider changing out a few bushings at a time, here n there. and fyi, for those ppl that gave u bad recommendations on ES bushings, its probably cuz they didn't lube the bushings properly, like they put too much, or too little, or they put it on spots that u shouldn't put lube on.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          ^^ that is the plan actually....my mechanic inspected all the suspension components and so far those are they only ones that need to be replaced....i will change them as i go...but i would also like to keep it oem as well....im not tracking my car or anything.....finally we have some kind of understanding....thanks for the reply....

                          Comment


                            #14
                            120$ for all 4 lca's installed is very good here in canada.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              damn i should open a shop in canada ... not only could i import jdm shit for cheap, but i could charge fools rediculous rates for 20 minute jobs

                              Comment


                                #16
                                its his car and his money let him be cheap or spend too much i doesnt really matter cause well its him lets just ride out.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by rallyrat427 View Post
                                  damn i should open a shop in canada ... not only could i import jdm shit for cheap, but i could charge fools rediculous rates for 20 minute jobs
                                  come on up!

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    HAHA, im sure his opinion will change when he relizes every bolt is most likely rusted in and wont budge. Deffinatly not a 20 minute job if thats the case

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by rallyrat427 View Post
                                      damn i should open a shop in canada ... not only could i import jdm shit for cheap, but i could charge fools rediculous rates for 20 minute jobs
                                      What's ridiculous is the amount of snow they get in ontario in the winter. Mix that with salty roads and 17 years on the road and you have a recipe for seized bolts. $120 for all 4 is not bad up here in canada.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by b16a92teg View Post
                                        ^^ that is the plan actually....my mechanic inspected all the suspension components and so far those are they only ones that need to be replaced....i will change them as i go...but i would also like to keep it oem as well....im not tracking my car or anything.....finally we have some kind of understanding....thanks for the reply....
                                        well yea understanding is a good thing. u truly use it as a DD, and u don't need much out of ur car other than to get u around and reliably and safely. nothing wrong with that.

                                        but if u can..... or want to, u might wanna consider getting a repair manual or something..... so that on super simple jobs, u can save yourself some money in the process. and some bushings....... like the sway bar ones are pretty easy to do by yourself. just a thought.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by davidhtam View Post
                                          What's ridiculous is the amount of snow they get in ontario in the winter. Mix that with salty roads and 17 years on the road and you have a recipe for seized bolts. $120 for all 4 is not bad up here in canada.
                                          isn't that why anti-seize was made? hehe. too bad the factory didn't put that on all the bolts for u canadians.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            haha true! I drenched all my bolts in anti-seize when reinstalling my suspension. It comes out like butter every time now!

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by davidhtam View Post
                                              haha true! I drenched all my bolts in anti-seize when reinstalling my suspension. It comes out like butter every time now!
                                              i hope when u say "drenched" u mean....... a super duper light coating around the threads.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                exactly!

                                                i like to exagerate things

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by davidhtam View Post
                                                  exactly!

                                                  i like to exagerate things
                                                  we're guys.... it happens.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X