My ABS light came on randomly yesterday...

I have plenty of fluid, no puddles. My brakes work fine… I was wondering if any of you had another clue as to why that would happen? I just rolled over 91k miles on it recently. I have heard of some company’s triggering lights to come on after a cirtan milage just so they can get taken in to get looked at… however that seems highly unlikely, and kind of paranoid.

Possibly a bad fuse? I haven’t looked into anything yet, because as I said, my brakes work fine. I thought I’d save myself some money by asking you fine people first. :smiley:

is the light still on? u try resetting the ecu? check ur axles? check the ring gear thing on the axles, they might be extremely dirty or something. or out of spec (too much gap or something).

Well, last night it rained (which i’m sure has nothing to do with this) however, I drove for about half an hour after work to a buddies house. It didn’t come on. However, a couple of times when stopping at a light, the ABS kicked in and started pumping, which I thought was kinda odd. Light never came on though. On my way home, the same ABS pumping came on when stopping at another light. The ABS light still never came on.

I’m kinda hoping it comes back on again so I can take it up to Autozone and see if they can give me an error code of some kind. Hell, I might even take it up there to see if I get a code, regardless if the ABS light is on anyway.

ur abs is engaging cuz its detecting something off (thinks some wheels are spinning at different speeds). i say u inspect all ur brakes, and ur axles. get ur rotors mic’d too.

It hasn’t come back on in the past couple of days… so i’m not really gonna get it checked out. The only thing I can think of is maybe there was dirt or something on the sensor? If it was thinking one of the wheels was spinning faster than the others, would it correct itself? I had my brakes and rotors replaced last summer, so it really shouldn’t need replaced at this point.