X

Front LCA mounting point...removeable?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front LCA mounting point...removeable?

Hey guys, i just finally cut off the front LCA's (bolts were rusted to the bushing sleeves) and im now prepping to paint eerything with POR-15.

From what i can see, the frame peice that the LCA mounts to can be taken off. I havent been able to find the peice in my Helm manual yet, but i can see bolts that look like theyre holding it on. So does anyone know if it can be taken off? If so is it in the Helm manual, so i can get torque specs for when i put it back on?

seems to be 43 ft/lbs. i dunno if its exactly the same thing u are talking about. but everything is pretty much shown on the helms manual. i have the pdf version and its on pg 625 of 1164.

Comment

The piece your refering to is called the rear subframe and looks like these when pulled.

If your painting the under caraige with POR, I would recomend you pull it down. it no easy task but if you have the tools and time, it can be done

it is only held up by 4 bolts, but you have to keep in mind it also holds the rear motor mount, steering rack and swaybar too it and there are abunch of clips that hold all of the power steering line to the top of it.

If you can manage to unhook all those lines Pull the rear mount bolt, plus the steering colum bolt from the cab side, remove the catalitic converter and shift linkage and you an drop the whole assembly including steering rack and swaybar in one piece like so. (keep in mind, I have already pulled the power steering so there are no clips for the lines in this pic )

To awnser your question about the rusted bolts, once down you can drill out the rest of the bolt and retap the threads in it but thats the only way you will be able to fix it, those arms are part of the subframe and CAN NOT be disconnected

Comment

Great, ill have to double check my Helms. Hey BTW, when i got my copy the page that had the last page of the Steering section and the first page of the Suspension section (where they list the special tools) was printed halfway, think you can hook me up with that page?
        Yea, i realize the mounting points are part of the subframe and i cant remove them. I already have a plan for getting the rest of the bolt out. And ill be chiseling off the nut thats welded on, and getting a new nut welded in place.

Guess its a good thing all the suspension, exhaust, ETC is removed. The motor is being removed at some point, perhaps next week (10 day vacation woot!) Ill be taking the rack out anyways to swap in a Civic manual rack.

I just CANNOT get the bitch pin outta the shift linkage. Tried a punch and hammer, the c-clamp trick, and it will not move. So i may just wait till i pull the motor and tranny and take the linkage off afterwards.

Comment

Working...
        X